TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I can send the clevo back and will look into another option.
    I’m thinking tongfang and Lenovo Y740.
    I don’t think the latter is better, but the industrial design is quite nice. The price on the other hand...

2. Eluktronics

Eluktronics Company Representative

Reputations:
    Has the light bar worked at all since you received the system? If not, maybe it actually would be best to check the cable because it should definitely be on with your AC adapter plugged in. No poking around necessary. Here is the exact cable to check (right above the battery)[​IMG]

3. jml235

jml235 Newbie

Reputations:
    You're the best! The top black "hat" thingy was flipped up, I pushed it down, voila.

Thank you!

Jean

4. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is why I keep recommending Eluktronics, folks!! Not only is their customer service absolutely top-notch, but the options you get such as warrantied LM application are excellent. (And their logo is better)

If I had to do it over again I would not have purchased from CyberPowerPC. My laptop is nice, but it took a month for me to receive even though it included "2 day free delivery". Plus, the price on the SSD I ordered dropped a few days afterward, and no price adjustment was given.

5. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yup, i've run into 2 very minor issues and both times they've talked through the issue with me or have offered to send me a pre-paid shipping label for them to resolve it. Luckily for me I was able to take care of both based on their recommendation. After having dealt with Dell/Alienware, HP, and Sager it's nice to have a number you can call where a knowledgeable person picks up and tries to actually help rather than bounce you around.

That and the fact that the laptop runs like a frickin' champ so far.

undervolter0x0309 and seahawk10 like this.
  6. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeh customer support has been great so far. Also my laptop that i bought from the Newegg SlickDeals i posted has ALREADY shipped within 24 hours of ordering it, and that was WITH a thermal upgrade from their site applied to it (got the Master Gel, which was the only add-on option anyways i believe if not ordering from the site directly, but its cheaper, no risk of LM, and it wasn't conductonaut LM anyways so isn't the absolute top tier. With an undervolt, don't anticipate having any issues with the CPU temp, even if i use demanding things like Emulators).

undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  7. Eluktronics

Eluktronics Company Representative

Reputations:
    Happy to hear that was it! Appreciate the comments as well guys. I took a screenshot of what you all wrote, sent it to the support staff to tell them to keep up the good work and remind them that customer service does make a difference.

8. Bauble

Bauble Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Woah! That's super fast! I ordered mine Monday morning, but it hasn't shipped yet. However, I did order the Liquid Metal cooling upgrade, so I'm sure that's what is taking the extra time to test and make sure it is applied correctly.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts once it arrives. I'm curious to see how the higher wattage 1660Ti compares to a 2070 Max-Q in non-ray-traced games. I'm betting that the Eluktroboosted 1660Ti wins. :cool:

9. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Oh yeh it was incredibly fast. I assume the reason for that was twofold- 1) with Newegg they have to ship it out quickly to meet deadlines. 2) I chose Master Gel Thermal upgrade from their site (don't think there is an LM option for marketplace deals, besides if you customize with amazon). That is a much quicker and easier thermal upgrade.

Still i'd imagine there is a good chance yours will be shipped shortly and will arrive next week. Mine is scheduled for Monday delivery. Don't benchmark much, but should force myself to do some benchmarks, if only to compare it in 6 months or a year from now and see if temps have remained relatively stable as well as performance. But yeh will definitely give my impressions. Pretty high chance that the 1660Ti in TurboBoost mode with it's 90 watts will be nearly on par with the 80watt 2070 Max-Q, give or take a couple %.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  10. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Where can I get eluktronics stickers to slap on my overpowered one then order the eluktronics laptop. Switcharoo and voila!!!

Installed64 likes this.