TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    As my comment highlighted the response from the Sales Rep, the Ceo of Eluktronics was tinkering with things and decided that the cooling was good enough to up the wattage. He then spoke to Tonfang, and they seemingly made a minor motherboard change that helped allow this. If it was solely software based, they would have retroactively done the tdp increase for 8th gen. Sure maybe this is some crazy imaginary story that never happened (Eventhough it makes perfect sense) and it's solely to get one to buy 9th gen, but 9th gen will be the standard and norm in the coming months anyways once it completely replaces the 8750h at the same price point mind you, so there is hardly any incentive to invent this story. Nothing changes the fact that EluktroBoost is now a thing, and it only applies to 9750h based models.

Oh sweet, didn't know you had an account here (i recommended to the sale's rep just a bit earlier in an email that you guys should make one, but i see your account is from 2015 so that was no issue)! Good to see you Will! Glad i could help generate some customers your way on SlickDeals with its FrontPage status and over 10k views since this afternoon when i created it.

That is amazing news regarding TurboBoost, and makes it a MUCH better option to get the maximum performance from the GPU's in terms of wattage, without being forced to blast the over 50db max fans.

That would be amazing news as well if the speakers really have been improved, since the main thing (Besides lack of G-sync) that had me on the fence was the unimpressive reviews regarding the speakers, both on youtube and here in the forums. Not to mention the driver problems.

Looking forward to seeing you guys more in the forums!

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  2. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi @Eluktronics, when you mean the speakers were improved, did the OEM make changes to the drivers within the laptop themselves or did they make software changes? I've found my TF unit (many other notice it regardless of the reseller on Realtek's latest drivers) has a cross frequency issue where the subwoofer is playing out of the range it's supposed to be limited to which may or may not cause damage to the sub, even though the SB5 software has a setting for it, it does not seem to respond at all. Also if a user were to maybe either damaged their speakers or just want a new set, are the new speakers backwards compatible? upload_2019-5-1_15-37-17.png

3. hodgeMN

hodgeMN Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So this is why Eluktronics was running the sale on the 8th gen then....

SlickDragon likes this.
  4. hodgeMN

Reputations:
    where is that deal posted? it is not on their website.

SlickDragon likes this.
  5. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think they just took it off their site. RIP.

SlickDragon likes this.
  6. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I didn't even get to see that deal before it dissapeared lol (good thing the attachment is still there). But yeh the price is seemingly 1400 now for the exact model u somehow found for a second at 1000 (400 off)- https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Tracer-III-17S-Slim-VR-200

At that price it would have been pretty insane, no doubt about it. Still Eluktronics has a better reputation than Cyberpowerpc from what i have seen, not to mention offering better customization and THERMAL PASTE upgrades which cyber doesn't do (crucial for me since i dont wanna have to repaste myself). And ofcourse now that the "deal" (likely a typo or an accidental discount) is gone, Eluktronics have the better price, especially with the newegg deal i posted

7. hodgeMN

Reputations:
    If you are looking for something with a little more oomph:

Dell via their Rakuten store is giving a nice discount on the 17r5 - 1499.99:

Description:
    17.3 inch QHD (2560 x 1440) 120Hz TN+WVA Anti-Glare 400-nits with Tobii Eye-tracking
    8th Generation Intel® Core™ i9-8950HK (6-Core, 12MB Cache, up to 4.8GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
    Windows 10 Home 64bit English
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 OC with 8GB GDDR5
    256GB M.2 PCIe SSD + 1TB 7200RPM SATA HDD
    16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz
    Engineered to wreak havoc. 17-inch gaming laptop is the ultimate powerhouse machine, designed for VR with upgraded cooling technology and a new-generation overclocked CPU. With Microsoft Windows 10 – Break down boundaries and immerse yourself in the game with graphics more realistic than ever before thanks to the multi-thread scaling capabilities of the new Alienware 17.

https://www.rakuten.com/shop/dell/product/wncas7chr404bmp/

seahawk10 likes this.
  8. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So could someone with the same chassis but from another reseller download your drivers and bios and get the ElukBoost feature?

9. Eluktronics

Eluktronics Company Representative

Reputations:
    The speakers were improved through a whole new BIOS table on the 9th gen release. We are testing an updated BIOS to hopefully offer to current Eluktronics customers and will post if possible.

10. Eluktronics

Eluktronics Company Representative

Reputations:
    Any other company would have needed to order this new hardware at the time of the build. Sorry to say we are going to lock our BIOS to be exclusive for use in our systems and the other SI's we distribute to in the USA. Many seem to be trying ours on others and either bricking or causing issues. We've also spent a lot of time and money working with engineers and R&D to be able to bring these changes to market.