TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't know if eluktronics actually has this combo but their website allows an i7 8750h paired with a gtx 1660ti which doesn't seem right but if it exists, it's 100 USD cheaper than getting the i7 9750h.

2. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    For AAA titles as well.

3. ezradharma

Reputations:
    upload_2019-5-1_14-17-57.png CyberpowerPC's current deal for the GTX 1660 ti is not bad rn vs Newegg's pricing of the Eluktronics Mech-17 at $1,249.99

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  4. ezradharma

Reputations:
    undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  5. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hahaha, I was actually considering that, but might be too much hassle.

Super grateful for the democratization of awesome laptops!

6. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Some of us have headphones :(

undervolter0x0309 and Riktar like this.
  7. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have NO sales tax with Newegg, and thats where i ordered it. But i also ordered the thermal upgrade from Eluktronics, and also didn't have sales tax there.

Sure you can get it for $100 less from Eluktronics with just the 8750h. However you lose the "upgraded" motherboard that allows for the extra watts for all 3 Gpu's (most important for 2060, since going from its 90 watts to 115 watts is a drastic change that will translate into literally 10%+ performance boost, putting it comfortably ahead of a 2070max-q and even threatening 2080Max-q that are at 80 watts.

Installed64 likes this.
  8. ezradharma

Reputations:
    About EluktroBoost...
    There is technically a vBIOS/TDP increase mod that also does that what Eluktronics is going for but that clearly void the warranty if caught. Based on the wording I'm pretty sure Eluktronic hasn't order special copies of the motherboard and getting or not getting the upgrade is just changes to firmware and software since the "upgrade" is free. Meaning this feature could be replicated on any reseller version of the laptop. If the boost was pushing it even more like +30w, they could be binning GPU chips which would be sick for a laptop company to do that but most likely more expensive.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  9. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah, I doubt anything is proprietary to Eluktronics. It's similar to what Clevo does with all its resellers. It's a one size fits all die and combo and they just overlay canned BIOS (some leverage PREMA bios) the rest pretty much tweak bootloader images and simply macros and fan curves nothing groundbreaking or proprietary. I can appreciate the customer service and options provided along with the killer deals and price point of eluktronics but i'm not sure how much of it is marketing. The "eluktroboost" comes built in with new Intel chips, it's not like Eluktronics are the only ones to have it. Other resellers probably have it under another name. With that said... do share this "mod" lol

10. Eluktronics

Eluktronics Company Representative

Reputations:
    Thanks SlickDragon for your order and reflecting this info. One detail our customer support forgot to mention is the TurboBoost feature will run the EluktroBoost feature, but it will no longer automatically run the fans at maximum while in the TurboBoost mode. You have the option to choose max fans in the new Gaming Center, but it's not required. I am also happy to report the speakers have been improved. We always appreciate constructive feedback so we can try our best to offer the highest quality PC for the money. I am happy to answer questions anyone might have!

William Kiryluk aka Will
    Eluktronics Inc, CEO