TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just ran BF V yesterday for a good hour and half or so, max graphics (no RTX) on an external 27in 144hz display, 90-120 fps hovering right around 67-70 C with a peak of 73 C. This thing still amazes me at how good it can cool, and i'm coming with a behemoth of a laptop with massive cooling.

2. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Good to hear! I was wondering I they can pull this off? The heatsink looks pretty weak but is there some choice in material or the fan blades are very fine?

3. Riktar

Reputations:
    Sometimes I ask myself the same question lol. I opted for the liquid metal paste directly from eluktronics and I have it docked on an x stand (although difference between angled and not is minimal, just a force of habit). I don't run it undervolted, although it gets even better. Ambient temp is 70-73.

How I have it configured

[​IMG]

4. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just wonder if anyone has any experience with this, how's the RTX 2070 for multi monitor gaming? More specifically, 3 x 1080p monitors playing games like Destiny 2 and Warframe

5. Riktar

Reputations:
    I have a couple other 27 in 1080p hp monitors (hp27b). I can try to plug them later if no one else has it configured. The HP 27 are 75hz vs 144hz on these so it might not play nice lol. For what it's worth I tried running both of these (AOC C27G1) and it's crushing it without skipping a beat. 1080p are super easy to push to this gen it seems.

undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  6. AyoMayo

AyoMayo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I was thinking of getting a setup like yours, but I was worried that gaming with the lid closed would cause the heat to damage the laptop screen. Has your screen been affected in any way using this setup?

7. Riktar

Reputations:
    haven't run into any issues yet. I have it setup to do nothing when i close my lid so i'm assuming it just turns it off. It doesn't affect temps at all either from the looks of the temp log.

undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  8. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Awesome, lemme know how it goes out :)

9. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    For anyone interested there is a Solid Deal on Newegg for the Eluktronics Mech - 17 G1Rx with i7-9750h and 1660ti at just $1250 - https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=9SIA8S19768420

Normally this is $1200 barebone on Eluktronics without the Windows 10, 512GB Nvme SSD, 16GB Ram. With them configured on the website it totals $1555.

On top of that the Newegg deal includes the Eluktronics Luminosa eSports Gaming Mouse, normally a $35 add-on, as well the Eluktronics Gaming Mousepad, a $5 add-on, for FREE.

I've emailed Eluktronics to see if one can add Thermal Paste Upgrades to the Deal from Newegg. If so that will likely be the best value option (atleast for the 1660 ti). Also asked if it includes the alleged EluktroBoost (for the 1660 ti goes from standard 80W to 90W, which theoretically should make it perform on Par with 2060 laptops at 80W, and 1070 laptops at 115W) due to having the 9750h (would be nice to get more info on that).

strifej, Installed64 and LamsonMusic like this.
  10. Riktar

Reputations:
    For those wondering about the Luminosa mouse - I received the Luminosa and mouse pad for free as well and I initially thought it was just some cheapo knock off "gaming mouse" but I was pleasantly surprised. It has superb egononics and weighs in at a respectable 94 grams with a solid sensor (PMW3389 sensor) and a really nice paracord cable. I'm usually partial to wireless mice (g903 and g305) but this one literally feels wireless.

Plenty of info for those interested here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/comments/bbptd4/eluktronics_luminosa_overviewfirst_impressions/