TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. seahawk10

seahawk10 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I was able to restore my lightbar! What I did was:
    1 - After losing lightbar after upgrading to 1.08 BIOS, I uninstalled the Gaming Center.
    2 - I installed the custom RevCenter from page 336 on the other thread: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/tongfang-gk5cn5z-gk5cn6z-gk5cq7z-gk5cp0z.815943/page-336
    3 - In that program there is a brightness setting for the lightbar. I boosted that up from 0 and the lightbar came on.
    4 - Then I uninstalled RevCenter (since it disables ThrottleStop and I have mine tuned and working well with TS)
    5 - Reinstalled Gaming Center 1.2.2.8

I now have the turbo boost fan working the way I like and the lightbar back to the blue color that works for me.

2. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just played some Battlefield V with Ultra/High and RTX ON on the OP-LP3 (1060GTX) no problemo. Obviously not 60fps, but 30-40fps easy. To play around with specs, I reduced texture quality to medium and terrain detail and it's very very playable.

TBH, givent the weak game support of RTX, I'm definitely less eager to upgrade to the RTX line of things.

3. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Bauble I would not consider the upgrade from the 8750H to the 9750H to be worth $200, though if you have the cash it might be fun to play around with. Especially if you get a chance to test them both side by side (hint hint!). Since we are starting to see real-world tests comparing the 8th/9th gen CPU’s, the GPU here is the big question. The EluktroBoost option is intruiging but I wonder if the extra wattage would border on too much heat without some aggressive cooling solutions. Since Cyberpower released this chassis with the 2080Max-Q instead of the full 2080, that tells me it lacks the thermal headroom for too much above the (presumably) 90W 2080. And a 115W 2070 is already up there. Without having one in hand to test though, it’s all up in the air. I do love my cool and quiet 1060.

Bauble and undervolter0x0309 like this.
  4. monroe1

monroe1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If you are getting the 9750H then I suggest you also invest in a fire extinguisher

5. socaln54

socaln54 Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm at High Performance so its not a power issue, I can't be the only one with this issue, like its noticeable, I'm pretty sure I'm not imaging this

6. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    for all those interested, I checked with Eluktronics and they finally have some spare 230w chargers ($~95) available on the site (they just had them for mech 15 for the longest time).

7. seahawk10

seahawk10 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I am still having trouble with this. I went back to an earlier image of the os using the original ssd and macrium.

Because I am still on the newer bios the light at wasn’t working. I attempted to install rev2 to use my fix. It installs but it never comes up.

Can someone with a working light bar with the OP17+ send me the registry key listed above?

8. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi, for the owners of a RTX2070 laptop.

Can you set the fans to a fixed fan speed or do you have a curve?
    I have currently a Clevo p970EF which is working great. Wit an undervolt, max boost to 3600MHz and fans set to 53% (till CPU 85 and GPU 75, then liniear to max at 100C) I get excelent performance with very good fan noise, temps are 78 degrees CPU and 81 degrees GPU in Far Cry 5 with average of 91 fps on ultra. Results are very good for a RTX2070mq (firestrike graphic score of 18800+, firestrike 16500+), in fact, BoB tested an MSI with 9750H and full RTX2070 and had 96 frames average (not tuned I believe).

Only I have a bend screen and backlight bleed and have to decide to ask a repair or ask a refund and try a tongfang, which will cost around 200€ more. I’ve seen both and heard max fans of both and they where both similar, the tongfang a bit less anyoing with a lower pitch. But if the temps here are on max fan (or near max), I would like to keep my clevo as it performs awesome. I really don’t mind the extra performance of the full. I just want a good and pretty cool and quiet machine.

Thanks for the reply!

9. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    There is a software you can download here to assign a fan curve (posted a few pages back). I initially turned on max fans for all testing but now i just have it on "gaming". I can't say much other than I don't even notice it, even when using speakers and not a headset.

SlickDragon likes this.
  10. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Great, what are your temps typically in heavy games?

The clevo is dialed in and pretty good, but the reseller says every Clevo P970 had a bend screen and this can’t be repaired. In europe you can return for full refund the first 2 weeks. You have the RTX2070 version?
    So I might change.