TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. socaln54

socaln54 Newbie

Reputations:
    Not sure if its me but for some reason I feel the 17" overpowered version is sluggish on battery power? I installed an NVME drive and fresh Windows 10 install

2. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Check your power settings. The gaming center might switch to "office mode".

seahawk10 likes this.
  3. Edward M.

Edward M. Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    HELP

I updated my bios to 1.08 on my overpowered 17+ laptop and it failed!!!! Now I think the motherboard is bricked as it boot up and lights up along with fans but fails to show me display or bios.

I just had this laptop since March and overpowered is not making anymore 17+ I sure hope that overpowered will cover their 2-year warranty! I'm going to call them tomorrow morning and hopefully they can replace or help me fix the issue.

Does anyone have any other method I can approach this please let me know!!

4. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So I’ve been having this issue where the screen pops out of the bezel. Is anyone else having this issue? Almost feels like they didn’t put enough adhesive?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Riktar

Reputations:
    So it looked like it was only held in by a single thin strip of double sided tape. I have quite a bit of 3m 300sle scrap sheets I got off of eBay a couple years ago (used mainly for attaching digitizer and phone screens etc) so I decided to reinforce and supplement some of the adhesion points. So far the adhesive on my unit has been subpar with the bottom feet needing glue and now this.

It looks to all be back in, we’ll see how this holds up.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Installed64 likes this.
  6. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am beginning to realize what I have suspected all along, that Eluktronics customer service and support is superior to CyberPowerPC!

@Riktar You purchased your unit from Eluktronics, right? Did it come with the screen issue or did it develop over time? I would be surprised if it shipped that way from them.

It has been awhile since I opened up my laptop. I am wondering if there is any way a 15mm thick hard drive would fit in this thing. (5 TB 2.5" HDD)

7. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sorry to hear about your issue. First time I hear about this for this model.

I use mine everyday with multiple open/close and so far so good

8. Riktar

Reputations:
    No, the unit shipped perfectly from Eluktronics, and it’s been working fine for the past month. They’ve always been super responsive the couple times I reached out to them, I’m sure I could have have just sent this back for repair but it appears to have had stale glue that just ultimately gave out.

Installed64 likes this.
  9. badmod

badmod Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do both NVMe slots have the same speed? I remember a discussion somewhere about op17 having 2 lanes/4 lanes slots but not sure. I have 2 NVMe installed and not sure if I should remove their free 128gb or keep it if it doesn't slow the other drive.

10. LamsonMusic

LamsonMusic Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    One is 4 lane, the other is 2. If you ordered the laptop with the OS installed from eluktronics the M.2 drive would already be installed in the slot that supports NVMe. I believe it is the slot closes to the fans but I could be wrong. The second slot will work at standard SATA speeds. Perfectly fine for a game drive in my experience.

My configuration had a 128gb Samsung nvme installed from eluktronics that contains my operating system. I also added a 1tb Samsung 860evo in the 2.5 Inch drive bay and another 1tb Crucial mx500 M.2 drive in the 2 lane slot. Both are very adequate for game drives.

I can also take the bottom of my laptop off tonight or tomorrow and confirm for you if need be.

strifej, Installed64 and badmod like this.