TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Is anyone running multiple display outputs from the laptop? I have an rtx 2070 model and wanted to see what the cleanest way to have two outputs. Given this doesn't have thunderbolt, I can't just have a one plug solution.

Would the best "dock" solution simply be hdmi and/or display port outputs?

2. hodgeMN

hodgeMN Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Use the the 2 mini-display port outs or the HDMI 2.0 or any combination or all 3.

3. Riktar

Reputations:
    Yeah I figured as much. thanks!

4. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I've noticed some UK resellers have stopped selling the RTX 2070 model of this laptop. Both PCS and CyberPowerPC no longer have the option but the RTX 2060 model is still there. My guess: they're clearing out stock for new laptops. So, potentially a 9th gen CPU refresh? I know PCS did the same thing for another laptop of theirs which had a GTX 1070 and 1440p screen.

5. hodgeMN

Reputations:
    That is my guess given the recent sale at Eluktronics. The new chips are expected to launch next week.

6. Riktar

Reputations:
    Dumb question - does anyone know if you can do one mini display port to two outputs or is it a one to one?

also, any info on 9th gen CPUs? is it just another incremental upgrade as in another ++ or is it a new size die?

7. hodgeMN

Reputations:
    Just another 14 NM CPU with some upgrades. I imagine thermals are going to be an issue...

Installed64 and Riktar like this.
  8. TheUberMedic

Reputations:
    *sees 8 core 16 thread CPU option*
    Welp, *puts fire extinguisher on table* probably gonna need this...

9. Xiranhi

Xiranhi Newbie

Reputations:
    So, I wanted to share my initial thoughts on my new GK7CP7S.

I bought the i7 8750H/RTX2070/8gb/1TB NVME ssd version from a dutch reseller for 1852 euro, but added another 8gb for 44 euro, coming to a total of 1900 euro.

For this price I now have a laptop with a decent keyboard, nearly full RTX 2070 performance and a 144hz screen. Build quality is abit rough with hard plastics, but I dont think you can buy a complete package like this for a competing price from any other brand at the moment.

I had some issues connecting up to my Alienware AW3418HW screen, it would only let the screen run stable at 100hz, but this turned out to be a low quality cable.

I am quite impressed with the thermal situation of this machine. I applied a -100mV undervolt and i'm running in the high 70s on CPU (stable 3.9 ghz) and low 70s on GPU under gaming stress. Where laptops of the "known" brands throttle down and maintain boosts of 3.5-3.6 ghz max at 90+ degrees!

Fan noise is more than my old desktop (duhh) but acceptable. It is a quite full noise, like a whoosh (no high pitch).

The gaming control center to control the lights is pretty ghetto.. the animation when opening this program is 100% from the 90s, it controls the keyboard lights, but I haven't found where to control the light strip on the front.

I do like the USB C port on the back, I bought a usb C hub for 3 usb A's and network. When i set down the laptop, i only have to connect power, usb c and mini displayport and im set for my full gaming setup. No cables in sight!

All in all, fairly impressed. I'm not so much into running firestrike marks and getting the most optimal system. It is quite an improvement on my old desktop which it is replacing (i5 2500k OC, GTX970, 16gb), but now I have a portable device which I can easily take to lan parties or play at the kitchen table, while being beefy enough to feed my 1080p ultrawide 160hz screen in my office.

If I run into any issues, I will share them of course!

Xir

10. TheUberMedic

Reputations:
    Got some confirmation about it now:
    Annotation 2019-04-17 121752.jpg

Installed64 likes this.