TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    upload_2019-4-4_14-45-3.png

im looking into flashing my clevo 970 ef 2070 maxq to the full rtx

do i need a clevo version is there anything different from the tong fang upload_2019-4-4_14-45-3.png

2. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It's a really risky thing to do and could brick your laptop but if you want to do it...

Look for a bios with the same ID as your GPU.

3. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    hahahha thanks so much lol

look like you mean ask in a forum

i know a lot of people flashed their tong fang to the 90w and the 115 watt but i dont see a 115 w gpu z bios here in these threads.

anyone have one?

4. jrwingate6

jrwingate6 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yup, I'll post them tomorrow night.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. jrwingate6

Reputations:
    Do you want my undervolt settings for the GPU or CPU?

Honestly, you aren't going to hurt anything. Just keep going lower until you blue screen.

Without looking at my laptop right now, I only know my CPU settings off hand.

In Throttle Stop, disable BD Proshot.

Check Speed Shift and move the value to 0.

CPU Core = -140

CPU Cache = -125

Intel GPU = -75

I also changed the values in core 5 and core 6 to......38.

LamsonMusic likes this.
  6. Pabbeni

Pabbeni Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Some say you shouldn’t disable BD and the speedshift should remain at 128. Also, your CPU Core and Cache should be at the same value at all times. I’m guessing you watched Bob’s video? Anyway, how are those settings working out for you? What is your idle temp and max temp?

7. jrwingate6

Reputations:
    Yes, I watched Bob's video. If you keep an eye on your Temps, you should have no problem disabling BD.

I don't know why some keep their speed shift at 128. I've honestly never moved mine off of 0.

In regards to Temps, I can only go by which games I'm currently playing. I don't run benchmarks or stress tests because I honestly just don't care enough. I just want good FPS and decent Temps while playing a few games.

Currently, all I've been playing is Apex and the CPU never goes above 77. It bounces between 72 and 75 most of the time. These Temps are in a room that stays at 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  8. seahawk10

seahawk10 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I had not realized you could change this value. It doesn't appear editable from first glance, but if you highlight the 128 you can indeed make changes. I am guessing some of the other Throttle Stop copycats still don't. I moved it to 0 and my CB score jumped from 1206 to 1264. The system seems stable so I will go with that value. Thanks for the tip!

jrwingate6 likes this.
  9. badmod

badmod Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have 16gb and I'm thinking to upgrade to 32gb and return the 16gb. Is it worth it? I will be gaming and doing some light work and lots of chrome tabs. No video or picture editing. The new games seems to eat more memory like division 2 which could be because how badly they are optimized. Or it could be a new trend for new games. I will be using this machine for at least 5 years and not sure if 16gb will be sufficient after a year or 2.

Sorry I know this is by user usage and I haven't tested mine yet. It still on the way but my current laptop use 6-8 gb with no gaming. When I checked games in youtube, I see they are using 8-10 gb which could push 16gb to the limit.

10. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Unless you do video or photo editing, there will never be any need for more than 16gb. Hell even 16gb is overkill for your listed use case.

Installed64 likes this.