TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. LamsonMusic

LamsonMusic Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Took a peek at the recorded stats from msi afterburner and the 2070*edit* sits between 1600-1700 during apex.

2. jrwingate6

jrwingate6 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thank you. I undervolted mine so the thermal head room is enough to push is above 1850 through most of the game.

I really can't understand how Eluktronics and Tongfang did this. 2 weeks later with the thermal paste curing and an undervolt on both CPU and GPU, my Temps are a averaging high 60's and low 70's after a few hours of gameplay. I am not using a fan under my chassis.

Amazing how Alienware, Asus and MSI to some extent still can't figure good thermals out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  3. LamsonMusic

Reputations:
    How much did you undervolt by? I might tinker with it a bit and having a reference point to start at would be helpful.

And I agree! Tongfang has totally surprised me with the cooling solution in this laptop.

4. shadow85

shadow85 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  5. Bauble

Bauble Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello,

I have 2 questions regarding how this laptop works with external G-Sync monitors.

The simple question is: if I attach a G-Sync compatible monitor to one of the MiniDisplayPorts, will the monitor match it's refresh rate to the FPS that the laptop graphics card is outputting?

The complicated question is: If I use the 2 MiniDisplayPorts to hook up 2 external, G-Sync compatible monitors, could I display a game across all 3 screens (2 external monitors & the laptop screen) with nVidia Surround, with the G-Sync monitors adjusting their refresh rate to the FPS of the game, even though the laptop screen is locked to a 144Hz refresh rate? If the answer is no, is there any way to run a triple G-Sync monitor setup with this laptop since there are only 2 MiniDisplayPorts?

Thanks for your help.

6. seahawk10

seahawk10 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  7. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sorry missed that one. Yeah i'm right around 1650-1690 mhz. I myself am shocked as to how they got this figured out. The folks over on the m15 forums are raving about 85C on a max q unit, and it's not any better on the gs75 page.

Can you post a pic of your settings, i 'd love to undervolt the gpu but i'd rather go with something tried and true lol

8. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That #2 is a doozy :D.

On #1, currently my external monitor is freesync, but with the newest drivers and nvidia's added "compatibility" it treats it somewhat similarly to gsync. With that being said, once it do enable free sync it does match the resolution of the monitor.

9. hodgeMN

hodgeMN Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  10. LamsonMusic

Reputations:
    I believe it should. Eluktronics doesn't get a special version of the chassis. If you're going to the larger battery you will likely have to remove the motherboard, which isn't too difficult. You'll have to do this to move the sata cable out of the way after you remove the drive caddy.