TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Pabbeni

Pabbeni Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys, what's the latest and best bios for the Mech 17-G1R? Mine has an i7-8750h and RTX 2060 (so it's the GK7CP0S I believe) and I'm curently on the default BIOS as I just got the laptop. I heard that a bios update can fix the problem with the display not opening when the lid is closed then reopened.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  2. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have a 5ms panel monitor and I'm not noticing any motion blur. I'm coming from a 120hz ~20ms panel and and it's noticeably snappier in apex and other fast paced games. Based on eluktronics response on dave2d's review, they're claiming 9ms.

You are able to mirror the game on both displays however it puts additional strain the 2070. I was still able to hit 70+ fps on both monitors but once I closed the lid I get 100+fps on the primary.

3. TLMichaelScarn

TLMichaelScarn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Response time claims aren’t necessarily standardized so the 9ms number doesn’t mean much. It could perform vastly differently than another panel that claims 7ms, for example, even though the quoted spec is only 2ms different. There’s a lot of marketing BS involved in response times. So I’m curious to know what the panel parts numbers are for both the OP17+ and the RTX Mech-17s, and if they really are different. Some of the websites that list response times are also clearly wrong, as shown by the Dave2D video. So it’s possible that the OP17 really had this “9ms response time panel” even though those websites showed it as 30ms or whatever.

4. TLMichaelScarn

TLMichaelScarn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That’s very strange. Generally the card outputs what it outputs and doesn’t have to do extra work to mirror displays. Extending displays or changing resolution is obviously another story. But generally mirroring doesn’t affect anything. Someting to do with Optimus or the iGPU? I’ve never used an Optimus laptop before.

5. Riktar

Reputations:
    Yeah I found it odd but apex is a bit glitchy especially with OSD monitoring overlays. I'll try it again with another game and see what I get

6. jrwingate6

jrwingate6 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just out of curiosity, what mhz is your 2070 averaging while playing Apex Legends?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

7. seahawk10

seahawk10 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    When I first got my OP 17+ I was getting Cinebench Marks around 1200 with -125 under voltage. I just checked this morning and it is now at 976. :-( I checked Throttle Stop and it is still set for -125.
    I want to check the other settings, does someone have a link to the Throttle Stop screen-shots that were posted back when everyone was trying to tweak their machines. I think there in the other thread around page 70-120 but haven't found them yet (I should have bookmarked it).

8. scope92

scope92 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone know where I would find the audio drivers and software? OP LP3 drivers listed on the support site does not work for me.

Also does anyone know if the subwoofer actually works?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  9. Riktar

Reputations:
    That''s a very good question, I tried the drivers on the eluktronics site and the creative drivers don't recognize the hardware either. When i opened it I noticed a "subwoofer" but im underwhelmed with the audio, for casual browsing it's passable. No one should be gaming out of laptop speakers imo lol.

10. seahawk10

seahawk10 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I was able to resolve the issue. I had the battery power option on High-Performance. When I switched it to Balanced (Recommended) I was back to 1200+ scores in CB.