TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. badmod

badmod Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

How loud is the fan noise?

Edit: does anyone know if Mech 17 has XMP profiles to set ram speeds? I found this on Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XRBS4Y5/

But it seems it only runs at 2666 if enabled in bios.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  2. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

So I redeemed some HP gift card/points for this “Hp 27b curved display”. It claims it’s 75hz freesync but I’m unable to break past 60hz, even if I try to create a new resolution. Am I doing it wrong... wouldn’t be the first time lol.

Edit: disregard the jerry rigged setup, just testing it out.

Okay so when I go into the BF V settings it shows the display as 1920x1080 @ 74.97hz but shows 60hz in the Nvidia control panel..

3. LamsonMusic

LamsonMusic Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    What type of video cable are you using? Hdmi or display port? Not sure with that exact monitor but I know hdmi is pretty much useless for high refresh rates on new monitors.

*Edit* just realized you're running at 1080p not 4k so the hdmi should be fine. Have you changed the display settings in windows to 75hz? https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-monitor-refresh-rate-windows-10

4. LamsonMusic

Reputations:
    Also. I'm sure you've done this but make sure you have up to date drivers for the monitor installed as well.

Riktar likes this.
  5. Riktar

Reputations:
    That's the odd thing. I was in BF V and it showed the display as 74.9hz lol.

Also pretty impressed with the performance. I was playing for about an hour or so with laptop with lid closed and back raised. Everything is set to ultra, motion blur at 10 %, v sync off, dx 12 disabled and I'm at a solid 80-100 with temps at 67 ish. I was kinda shocked lol. I assume it takes a hit once you turn on ray tracing. I'll try that out later.

LamsonMusic likes this.
  6. Riktar

Reputations:

I'm on the bios and only see voltage offset for cpu. No ram settings.

Also fans can ramp up but definitely nothing out of the norm of what all/most gaming laptops are. Ambient noise for me is about 48db and it ramps up to about 59-60db. It is also a "hollow whoosh" and doesn't have a piercing tone like some of the other laptops I've owned.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

badmod likes this.
  7. LamsonMusic

Reputations:
    That's some fantastic performance! And yeah I noticed a huge tank in performance with Ray tracing. But I found that you could get a good chunk of it back by lowering the resolution settings to about medium with dxr enabled. Dlss doesn't seem to do much for 1080p at the moment.

And did you check your display settings in widows to see if that was the bottleneck?

8. Riktar

Reputations:
    so turns out under the list of resolutions, if i kept scrolling down under "PC" the first 1920x1080 was 75hz. I was looking under UHD, HD, and SD list. user error :)

Installed64 and LamsonMusic like this.
  9. cavell219

cavell219 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have that ram in my 2070 version I just received. As mentioned earlier there are no xmp settings for RAM in bios, although the description does state "Modify CPU and Memory profiles" lol. But look at Newegg, they have the ram cheaper or did on Monday at least.

badmod likes this.
  10. cavell219

cavell219 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just got my Mech 17 2070 version last night. Started setting her up this morning. Initial impressions are that the keyboard seems a little more responsive than my OP17 1060. I like the Eluktronics gave it a 50mv undervolt in Bios right from the start. A nice touch. Below are some initial Firestrike runs as well as my settings.
    Mech 17:
    32GB Crucial running at 2400 for now
    512gb Sabrent Rocket NVME
    128GB PM971(free so why not)
    i7-8750 at -50 undervolt( I will consider this stock settings for the CPU below)
    RTX 2070.
    Stock thermal paste.

Laptop propped up on my OP17 during tests :D All drivers latest as of this morning.

So far I am pretty happy, I will be selling my OP and my 1080 desktop as this matches or beats their performance and overall I have missed my laptop obsession over the last year :)

Paid ~1460 + 140 for ram + like 58 for sabrent SSD. Can't beat that price for an RTX 2070 NOT Max Q laptop.

First run, 100% stock, sorry did not get temps
    [​IMG]

Next run
    CPU Stock
    GPU +100 Core +250 Memory

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Installed64 and Riktar like this.