TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. strifej

strifej Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.23.7f8e2329F9Nlc9&id=576943003585&ns=1&abbucket=20

They sell different ones there too, but check the adapter size is correct. The one above is the same as my overpowered (5.5/2.5mm). Some use a larger barrel.

You can use a service like superbuy (google superbuy taobao) to ship to you, but since it's kinda heavy, after shipping it'll be expensive. But if they have on taobao, they prob sell on ebay as well which will make shipping cheaper, but longer delivery times?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  2. jrwingate6

jrwingate6 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So they don't have any spare chargers available? That's odd.

3. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah, that's what i've been told on multiple occasions. It seems like the manufacturer is firing on all cylinders to get these out as is so spare parts are hard to come by.... at least that's what i'm being told.

4. Fastidious Reader

Fastidious Reader Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Dang guess that's the caveat of popularity

5. a_bolog

a_bolog Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can someone compare their level of coil whine with mine while running a Firestrike session? It's starting to worry me, I have the 2070 chassis.

I've noticed it happens only on GPU intensive tasks. And the whine completely stops at the Loading screens. Does yours sound the same if you get your ear close to the keyboard? (I can hear it from about 12in/30cm onward)

It is more audible just after the loading screens finish / before the fans kick in and cover it.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  6. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Edit: i initially thought this came from the fan but I reran firestrike again (ran it maybe 10+ times and have never noticed it before) and this time put my ear literally on the keyboard and I do hear a humming/buzz. However as soon as I move my ear 4-5 inches away from the kB I can’t hear it over the fans.

Is that something you hear that far out? I also hear it around where the CPU and GPU are. I assume it’s coming from the fact that those are drawing power... interesting.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    LamsonMusic and a_bolog like this.
  7. LamsonMusic

LamsonMusic Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I noticed the same noise when the speakers were muted. Seems to be normal for this chassis

8. TLMichaelScarn

TLMichaelScarn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if the panel on the latest Eluktronics Mech 17 is the same one that came with the OP17? I had to return the OP last year because I could notice ghosting / high pixel response time. Same panel or no?

9. jrwingate6

jrwingate6 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  10. roakes

roakes Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Potentially it should be OK, if it states it can take 16" devices. I found a perfect sized sleeve for mine, just received the 16" version of this sleeve and it's just right:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-10-12-...g-For-7-to-17-inch-Laptop-Tablet/201493763377