TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It just came! Initial impressions are much better than I expected. Did a once over to inspect it and go over initial setup going to run through benchmarks and stress testing, if all checks out I'll go ahead and swap out the drives and install a clean windows pro.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Riktar

Reputations:
    I can confirm it has a music preset and I tried it off the cuff, it's there and it interacts with the audio, but Its not too snappy.

3. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Can you post a video on it please? Preferably with eurobeat xD

Also, I wonder why TongFang didn't try to put an RTX 2080 or even the MaxQ in this chassis. Looking at other peoples reviews, it seems like it would be capable of handling it.

4. jrwingate6

jrwingate6 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Mine will be here tomorrow. What thermal paste did you go with?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. Riktar

Reputations:
    Im in the process of reinstalling once I get it up and running I'll grab a video. Also regarding the 2080maxq, it looks like the 2070 is right on par with it based on the reviews I've seen. Same with the 2060 vs 2070 max q. Whether or not the chassis can handle the 2080, Idk. One thing I have to say, it's surprisingly thin, granted I'm coming from a behemoth so maybe it's just me. Despite the size, this unit seems to have a solid cooling system.
    [​IMG]

I went with the liquid metal option. I ran aida64 stress test and under 100 load with turbo fan on It settled in at 69-71 with an initial spike and max of 81. I swapped the stock 128gb nvme with a 512 nvme so once I'm back up and running I'll run the full barrage of tests for a better idea.

Installed64 likes this.
  6. jrwingate6

jrwingate6 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Very nice. I did a ton of research for my purchase and I personally don't think you can find thermals this good in a laptop this size. The MSI GE75 doesn't have as good of thermals and MSI is known for their cooling. Asus doesn't even come close and don't even get me started on Alienware. The only one that has as good cooling is the Lenovo Y740 and that's only because they decrease voltage. Benchmarks are noticeably better on the Mech 17.

I ended up going with the Eluktronics 500gb SSD and plan on purchasing a Samsung Evo 1TB down the road.

By the way, have you out a undervolt on the CPU?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

7. Bradk_1749

Bradk_1749 Newbie

Reputations:
    Wow! Just received mine today(got lucky on last week's restock). I downloaded the 10gb driver package off their support page but it looks like it's already got the latest audio, CPU and Mobo drivers preinstalled. I also didn't notice any bloatware, is there really a reason for me to do a fresh format?
    Also the BIOS looks new, is there a newer version? I'm running BIOS 1.08 and EC 1.08.09.
    Let me know! Thanks!! Will start stress testing tomorrow.

Installed64 likes this.
  8. Riktar

Reputations:
    When you hit the turbo button does it alternate between office and gaming mode or does it just kick the fans into overdrive?

As far as bloat I just reinstalled windows 10 pro from scratch just to make sure.

9. LamsonMusic

LamsonMusic Notebook Geek

Reputations:

There's no need to do a clean install. The windows image that they install truly is bloat free. Enjoy!! What configuration did you go with?

10. Bradk_1749

Bradk_1749 Newbie

Reputations:
    Okay cool, any idea on if that BIOS + EC is up to date? No customization as got the Overpowered 17+ (1060GTX) from Walmart :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    LamsonMusic likes this.