TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. LamsonMusic

LamsonMusic Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Not positive how eluktronics applies their liquid metal but I wouldn't be worried about it leaking. They don't seem load it on to the point where it will ever leak out under normal conditions. But I'm sure if you dropped the computer enough times with a decent amount of force it could possibly happen. Mine actually had to get redone by them because it was a little thin on part of the die and one of the cores. I'd assume they use a brush, but I could be wrong. I'm sure sure if you called them they would be able to give you an exact answer though.

And the keyboard on the 17 is totally usable. It's not the best keyboard I've ever used, but I don't have any major complaints with it. The spacing is a little bit tight on the number pad, but it's not a deal breaker. And the lighting on the keyboard is adequate. Not terribly bright but I haven't noticed it being washed out in direct light.

2. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I spoke with a few guys over at eluktronics and hid and I've been told that any damage done or as a result of liquid cooling is fully covered by the warranty. They also use measures to keep it in place, my guess is tape, dams etc). I'm also pretty sure that liquid metal is a significant decrease in temp, and not just 2 degrees.

The only exposure I had with the mech 17 chassis was the OP laptop but I read it's been changed. It's not that the rgb is bad but more not as good as msi. They just don't appear to be as bright and the msi definitely has more intuitive settings and modes. I'm the type to set it to one color and leave it for months so... It's all the same to me but if you're an RGB aficionado, this doesn't appear to be all of that lol.

I can't speak on the mech 15 but basing it on m previous laptop which was a full behemoth and a half, the number pad is pretty cramped and really close to the main keys. I'm still waiting on my unit, which should be shipping anyways day now... I'll keep you posted. Based on own or disown, dave2d and a few others the keyboard is just fine thought. Better tactile feel than the ge75 I'd guess but the msi will have better lighting and rgb software out of the box.

Installed64 likes this.
  3. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    As long as theres a music option for the keyboard RGB, Ill be happy

4. hodgeMN

hodgeMN Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Applying liquid metal can be tricky and its performance can degrade over time, especially if the heatsinks are uneven and any material pumps out. I had this issue on my OP 15+ with thermal grizzly. Initial temps were great but degraded over time. I did a re-paste with ICQ diamond and have had a much better experience with that. I would definitely pay for the upgrade though as any issues with application would be covered under warranty.

SlickDragon likes this.
  5. jrwingate6

jrwingate6 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if they will be releasing a Mech-17 G2 like the Mech-15 G2

I only as because the build quality and keyboard look to be nicer on the G2 version of the 15". It looks like there is more metal on the G2 version as well.

6. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Not sure but take it from someone that came from a full metal laptop with impeccable finish and absolutely phenomenal build quality (omen x 17), be careful of what you wish for lol. The arm / palm rest area would dig into my wrist / forearm. I'd have to lay a microfiber towel for prolonged use lol.

This could prove to be problematic as one of the complaints of the G2 was the "unrefined" metal edges. If you tend not to rest your arm on the deck then it's a non-issue.

Installed64 and jrwingate6 like this.
  7. jrwingate6

jrwingate6 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

I did read that about the edges....Thank you for the response.

8. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Does the keyboard have a music option for the lighting like this? :

If so, can someone record it? Preferably with eurobeat for max dorifto :)

9. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No, mainly cause no one has programmed the keyboard to do that and the Chinese developers have came up with a bad looking music mode. Maybe Rev_Center might be able to do it some day.

10. Fastidious Reader

Fastidious Reader Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So anyone know when Elucktronics will stop offers of the 144hz panel as standard option? Guess its a Tongfang sourcing issue .