TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Edward M.

Edward M. Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I also needed a diffrent bios beside OP is it simple to install last time I updated mine to OP 1.08 using F.bat but, just want to make sure using eluktronic bios won't break my system.

2. BeyondME

BeyondME Newbie

Reputations:
    weird. It still gives me that error after uninstalling as well. Did you remove from add/remove applications function? played around with it some more and the sound blaster connect app doesnt give me the error message anymore and instead just shows blank haha. Again, thank you for your help.

3. Cerreta28

Cerreta28 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Does anyone know a better control system for the keyboard lighting and fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. LamsonMusic

LamsonMusic Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I havent tried it yet, however it looks like a member here is creating a new program to control everything that's better than our stock option. Here's the link to the part of the thread where it's mentioned.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...gk5cq7z-gk5cp0z.815943/page-336#post-10854080

5. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sometimes, I had to remove the SBC app between changing the Realtek driver, don't know why would it just turn blank.

6. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...gk5cq7z-gk5cp0z.815943/page-374#post-10866760
    Rev. Center 2.0 is a lot better but it's not fully developed yet, and support on RTX models is unknown.
    This software gives you more lightning controls and a fan curve that isn't as poorly done as the RTX CC Tongfang created.

7. badmod

badmod Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    RTX owners: how is the temperature and fan noise? I had the 1060 and it was cool as a cucumber and fan noise was very acceptable. I saw some videos of Max Q and the CPU temp is over 90c and GPU throttle at 87c but that was Aero 15 in a very compact chassis.

8. LamsonMusic

Reputations:
    Full 115w 2070 in mine and in games like anthem the cpu and gpu sit right at 77c with very short spikes to 80c.

Apex legends sits at 55-65c on cpu and gpu.

Fallout 4 sits at a solid 55c on cpu and gpu.

I play with the fan set to turbo and throw headphones on and the fan noise is a complete non issue. Even with the headphones off the fan noise isn't offensive but it is noticeable.

Note, my temps are representative of upgraded thermal compound by eluktronics. Liquid metal on cpu and arctic silver 5 on gpu. It's a $35 upgrade that you'd be crazy not to add to your purchase in my opinion.

Installed64 likes this.
  9. Fastidious Reader

Fastidious Reader Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    How's the performance at those temps?

10. LamsonMusic

Reputations:
    Quite incredible actually. Apex plays with everything maxed out and will on occasion dip to about 90 fps. Throughout most of the match it's usually making full use of the 144hz panel with an average fps in the 150 range.

Anthem is using the optimized settings from GeForce experience which is a combination of medium and high and that sits between 76 and 100fps, with the dips in frame rate being relatively rare and only during really intensive fights.

Fallout is fallout and plays about as well as it can.

I'd never go for a max-q varient, especially when you have the option of the full mobile versions that greatly outperform them.