TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Given the comparisons, the full laptop 2070 is looking like a much better value than the 2080 mq. Thanks for the compilation of results!

The thing we’re not looking at though, is temperatures. Since the 2080mq runs at less wattage you should have a cooler system all around with quieter fans for a more immersive experience.

Techdude594 likes this.
  2. roakes

roakes Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The mq versions seem to be in the smaller chassis only, the bigger chassis like the 17" have more room to breathe, room for extra/different config of heat pipes and potential to run cooler and quieter. Only time will tell on that though, it'll be very manufacturer specific.

Techdude594 and Arondel like this.
  3. Techdude594

Techdude594 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Really hoping that happens. We've already seen G-SYNC become enabled on a few gaming laptops, like the Predator 17X (something like that from what I have heard).

4. Techdude594

Reputations:
    I have a question about RAM. I am pretty much certain that my first gaming laptop will be the Mech 17-G1R from Eluktronics with the full RTX 2070. I will be buying this barebones from their website and installing my own RAM and an m.2 SSD. I am wondering if I should go with 2400mhz RAM, or if I should go with 2666mhz RAM. Is the price premium worth it? I would almost exclusively be gaming on this machine, not much else.

5. Arondel

Arondel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Given the same thermal solution, probably. Issue here is that standard versions of the RTX GPUs and their Max Q counterparts are rarely alternatives for the same chassis

6. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    True!

@Techdude594 Why get one of the best imaginable CPU+GPU's in a laptop then settle for less than the best RAM? I say go with 2666MHz, or some of the low latency stuff if possible. Especially since we are not talking about a big difference in price.

7. Zill

Zill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The asus and msi were not overclocked hence the lower scores

8. Zill

Zill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Owners of the TongFang 17inch RTX 2070 could you be so kind and send me a link to download the bios of you machine please?!?

Need to see if we can mod it to work on the 15 model and increase the TDP of our gimped 2070 MQ.

As fellow Tongfang Troopers I know I can count on you.

PS: I also I'm waiting for a fix to update the nvidia drivers on the 15 inch. Nvidia haven't added the TongFang system to their compatibility list in their drivers yet

Techdude594 likes this.
  9. Techdude594

Reputations:
    You are right! Problem is, I can't seem to find too many 16GB dual channel 2666 RAM kits on Amazon. Do you know of any good ones?

10. Zill

Zill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Get the HyperX 2666mhz CL15 kit. Everyone raves about it, I have it too. Good timings and 100% compatible

Installed64 and Techdude594 like this.