TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @ezradharma Overpowered is indeed the best value, by far! If it's even still available. Similar specs from Eluktronics, for example, would cost $1,675.

But if your main concern is FPS, you are still looking at a reasonable asking price for the RTX 2070 model.

Yeah, I'm going to rework it using a better formula. :rolleyes: [DONE]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Techdude594 likes this.
  2. Bruno@INPHTECH

Bruno@INPHTECH Company Representative

Reputations:
    The 2060 model isn't available to us yet, as soon as we receive one we will make the same tests ;)

3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla The eye is watching you

Reputations:
    To the guy who got the RTX laptop you need to install drivers through GeForce experience. Windows changed at some point and they require GeForce experience to install drivers as you can't just straight install drivers without some workarounds it won't detect the card.

You can remove GeForce experience after if you don't like it

Techdude594 likes this.
  4. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Techdude594 and Installed64 like this.
  5. ezradharma

Reputations:
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  6. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I see talk of 230W AC adapters. My CyberpowerPC 17" came with a 180W adapter. Does the 8750H + GTX1060 really need 230W? That could explain why I get frequent power limit throttling on the GTX 1060. The GPU is not underperforming, though, and hits stock and overclock MHz just fine. Benchmarks are good.

7. ezradharma

Reputations:
    230w is standard on RTX 2070.
    https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/spec/getntbkspec.aspx?id=TC317RXE126
    Unless you have an i9 model, a 230w upgrade isn't really needed (don't think charging faster is a great idea).

Techdude594 and Installed64 like this.
  8. ezradharma

Reputations:
    I did a quick check on a ton of companies selling this chassis and I think the blue switch has been killed for the RTX version completely.

9. Cerreta28

Cerreta28 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I tried that as well and wouldn’t work I sent back my unit and re ordered one .

Techdude594 likes this.
  10. NecessaryEvil

NecessaryEvil Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    OP just arrived, I've tested, and wiped, and am just about done doing the install.

The Gaming Center works, but the other program that was linked a few pages back fails to install due to the Xtreme Tuning Utility causing problems. Not sure what the deal is.

What's the best BIOS for this? It would appear that while installing the firmware online, I've gone from 1.03 out of the box to 1.04, but when I tried to do the EC from the batch file, it changed me over to an American Megatrends N.0.8. I saw 1.0.8 on here, which was newer than the 0.0.8 it gave me.

I don't personally care about the different splash screen, as I definitely prefer the turbo button turning the fans on high, but I didn't expect that change to happen when I flashed the EC.

I'm noticing the touchpad's palm rejection is kinda crappy.

Overall, I'm happy. The Gaming Center software sucks, but I'm happy with the computer. A little backlight bleed on the edges, but I don't stare at black screens, I plan to play games and watch movies. Sound's not as good as my Matebook, but short of a MacBook, I've not found much modern competition for that.

Keyboard is nice and solid. A far cry from the MSI MS-1651 and MS-1722 that were my last gaming laptops. I'm not that accurate with it yet; it's no Thinkpad, but I'll take it over my work EliteBook.

Hopefully tomorrow I can finish the tweaking and get some gaming on.

Oh, and it doesn't fit in my Ogio Epic, but I kind of expected that. The HP 8560W was its absolute limit, and this is definitely wider.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Techdude594 likes this.