TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. ehsieh

ehsieh Newbie

Reputations:
    Yup, sold out!

2. bidzer

bidzer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    From what I've been able to research on the product it uses the graphics card brightness instead of the display brightness to dim. So leaving the display at 100% eliminates the PWM flicker. I'm happy with the results for sure. Is there any black level loss doing this? I can't tell, but having no flicker is a trade off I'm willing to make. There are a couple interviews with the developer on YouTube which go into much more detail. The software is free for a week to try and the price is reasonable if you're going to keep the laptop. I've used F.Lux for years but Iris is much more feature packed. Hope this helps.

Snamuh2 and Alexandru Duna like this.
  3. oneintheblack

oneintheblack Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What are you guys seeing for your GPU frequency? On BF V and Overwatch the most I get is 1560/1620Mhz, overclocking has zero affect. I'm also seeing wattage pulled by the CPU upwards of 65w. Temps during BF V are hitting 97c.

Settings:
    Gaming mode - Active
    Power settings - Equilibrium and Balanced
    Undervolted. -.130 core and cache

I'm hesitant to repaste in case I decide to return and Bob said it had little affect on the Mech G2, but it appears people are having positive results. I attempted to order a second one to compare, but Walmart keeps cancelling my orders, and now there put of stock.

Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  4. shadow85

shadow85 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks for your insight but 100% is just way too bright for use in a dim room. I'll give Iris a try and see how it goes. My guess its the same as going into the Intel graphics control panel and turning down the brightness (which just causes dark colors to blend). The $999 was a steal, but wondering if the Asus gl704 or msi ge75 would be more suited for me which has no PWM.

5. bidzer

Reputations:
    :D
    I've never dimmed using the Intel Control Panel. Iris gives me the results I'm happy with but it's definitely a personal choice. Would kd like to hear your perception after trying it. Shopping for my kids Christmas gift is probably stopping at this machine. :D

6. Nitroturtle

Nitroturtle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the OP 17+. Installed the Realtek audio drivers from the OP site, then newer ones from from tenforums. With both drivers I'm getting a popping sound from my left speaker occasionally. It seems to be when my audio initializes or something, like when I start a game or a video. I used the Realtek Audio Console to turn off power management, thinking that might be the issue, but it's still happening. Has anyone else had this issue? Not a huge deal, as the audio works fine otherwise, just slightly annoying.

7. Nitroturtle

Reputations:
    I was getting ready to pay the $15 for Iris, but decided to try f.lux. I think I like it a lot better and don't need half the stuff in Iris. Thanks for the suggestions, happy to fix the flicker.

Installed64 likes this.
  8. Quadzilla

Quadzilla The eye is watching you

Reputations:
    Yes i have the same issue after i did a fresh Windows install. Have not found a fix yet for it . It is my left speaker that pops as you describe .

9. Nitroturtle

Reputations:
    Cool, then it's likely a driver issue and not hardware related. That makes me feel a little better.

10. bidzer

Reputations:
    Sweet, nice to see you've found something that helps you. There's also an Iris Mini that I'm going to try out.

Cheers