TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Cariblo

Cariblo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sooo my GK7CP7S just decided to black screen on a game so I had to hold down the power button to turn it off. Now it won’t turn on and has been like this for 15 min….anyone got an idea?

Mesut: the power light flashes for a millisecond and then nothing happens…

2. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Happens to me too. Unplug battery and replug it in to help the CMOS reset. Wait about 30 seconds

Battery plug is in the middle right on top of the battery when you open the laptop up by removing the bottom panel.

3. jimmydu3

jimmydu3 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, also looking for anyone with documentation of the 2-year warranty. Trying to get the laptop repaired through a credit card extended warranty. Thanks!

4. Bogdan_TM

Bogdan_TM Newbie

Reputations:
    Today I've open up my Medion Erazer Beast X20 (Tongfang GM7MG7P) so that I can check the stock thermal paste and repaste :)
    I didn't find how the Medion would look behind the heatpipes so therefore I put here some pics for someone which will look for that (maybe will help).
    Overview:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Backside:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Inside:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Open heatpipes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To my surprise the CPU was with LM, but somehow it looked like the liquid metal was spread on the edges and made like an oval ring. Can this be caused during the transport ?
    Also I have noticed that a spot on the processor (some sort of "V" shape in the middle) didn't have that much LM. Can this be caused by lifting the heatpipes, or was not quite optimal there?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the other hand the GPU's paste was looking good imo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have cleaned the GPU , put the paste on the heatsink (I don't like the idea to scrub the paste on the chip side), and also I tried to climb back that LM from the sides on the top of the processor (with some cotton sticks).
    Maybe the results could have been better if I would have invest longer time in this procedure :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The paste I've used (after warming up properly):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have read that it's one of the best for the low pressure heatsink in laptops and doesn't pump out (will see in time).

I am not a gamer maniac, just play some Dota 2 from time to time, but I dislike hearing the coolers working hard :)) As you could have seen I have lowered the PL1 to 30, PL2 to 40 and PL4 to 70.
    Also lowered the fps in the game to 90 (instead of 120 default) + shadow to medium.
    Before repaste I had roughly the temperatures: CPU - 75C / GPU - 73C
    After repaste (and LM work) the temperatures didn't go more than: CPU - 72C / GPU - 71C

The coolers are acceptable with the noise, but they are mostly because of PL and fps/shadow tweak.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  5. jand1k

jand1k Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone knows how to remove the lcd screen from the tongfang gk7cp7s? I'm having the screen flickering/flashing/strobing issues that a few people have mentioned on the forum and reddit. It stops with I lower the brightness to around 10%

Unfortunately I'm out of warranty and I just want to make sure it's not the cable behind the screen. I removed the bezel and the screws at the bottom, but the screen is not coming off. Is it glued?

If anyone has a guide on how to remove the screen then please share. Thank you!