TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Lucianne Fernandez

Lucianne Fernandez Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello I really need help here, I changed my SSD for a bigger one in my Overpowered Laptop OPL-P3 that is the 17" version, the problem is the new drivers for the USB-C on the back installed by windows are generic and the USB-C isn't working properly; I used to have an HP Elite USB-C Docking station installed on it, and now after the reset, everything connected to it, becomes really laggy, specially the keyboard and the mouse, mouse stutters alot, the keyboard doesn't type sometimes or it completely goes crazy, I plug the Keyboard and the mouse on the side USB ports of the laptop and they work just fine, so the problem is those drivers I think related to the USB-C, since the drivers for the HP Elite USB-C Docking Stattion are up to date, and dowloaded from the site. If anybody else has this laptop and can share the drivers of your USB-C on the back I would really appreciate it since, having the keyboard and mouse on the side looks horrible and it is pretty annoying too. PLEASE HELP ANYBODY OUT THERE. BTW i checked the official website and now it's gone, so I don't think I will get help from there.

Update:

I also noticed the OP Control Center Used to thore more Power Settings at me, now I oly have Standard and ECO, the front RGB doesnt work even after you toggle the on off switch on the OP Center, Fan settings are grayed out you cannot select office mode basic setting nor advanced settings, this leads me to belive that something is wrong with my power maangement settings, reason why before the reset the USB-C could send some power out to the USB-C Docking Station, now it wont, unless I have the AC Adapter for the HP Elite USB-C Docking Station it won't work, before it would output power and I am 100% sure about this, cause i had it for months running like this, what could have gone wrong? what drivers do i need to go back to how i had it before? Please Help!

https://ibb.co/Vg2dgZy
    https://ibb.co/Qbs0BLd
    https://ibb.co/kxg58LV

2. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So my heatsink seems to gotten some coloration from liquid metal... The cpu keeps heating no matter how many times I repaste.
    So since I figured the heatsink is done, I tried to scrape the colored area (it sits on the cpu die) and put paste on it.
    Now the cpu heats up instantly.

I figured I can't restore the uneven/scraped/colored area anymore. So it's time to order a replacement one.

Anything else I should I try ?

3. seanwee

seanwee Father of laptop shunt modding

Reputations:
    LM alloyed copper doesn't perform measureably worse than an unalloyed one. I suspect its due to the indium residue thats the culprit, causing the heatsink to be uneven.

I always use a 1000 grit sandpaper to sand off the residue

undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  4. undervolter0x0309

Reputations:
    Awesome! Will try

thank you

5. undervolter0x0309

Reputations:
    It improved things little. Used 3500 just cause I'm that desperate :/
    Still heating up :(

Good tip regardless! Thank you

Attached Files:

6. undervolter0x0309

Reputations:
    This wouldn't be a thermal pad not placed perfectly on a VRM? Correct? I never had overheating due to that before but you never know. Especially as GPU is running as cool as a cucumber.

Also I believe i sanded it enough. Like its diminishing returns at this point....?

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  7. undervolter0x0309

Reputations:
    I sanded it some more and everything has improved. I still went ahead and ordered a replacement just to compare and it was dirt cheap.
    Good learnings and thank you for the tip @seanwee!!!

seanwee likes this.
  8. seanwee

seanwee Father of laptop shunt modding

Reputations:
    Good to hear that it worked for you. How much better is it?

9. undervolter0x0309

Reputations:
    1152 on CB R15 multicore
    Used to be
    1328 with LM

During gaming I have to lower TPL to 45/65 watts. It used to be 75/90 watts. With that wattage, temp keeps going up. Btw the LM residual was also on the gfx part of the heat sink. So sanded that one too.

I’ll report back when I get the replacement.

The copper rubbing off I believe might be the culprit.

10. EitherConference

EitherConference Newbie

Reputations:
    This is probably a longshot, but I am wondering if anyone has been able to obtain any information on the 2-year warranty offered by Overpowered. I have been unable to reach Overpowered's customer support via phone or email and Walmart has been useless. I tried contacting EVOO as well and they told me that I have to contact Overpowered and that they are not the same company. Every time I try calling the Overpowered customer support number, I get no dial tone and the call disconnects after about 10 seconds. I've tried calling between 10 am and 3 pm and still no luck.

The only information I can find is from the product page on Walmart.com: https://www.walmart.com/ip/OVERPOWE...256-SSD-2TB-HDD-32GB-RAM-Windows-10/887474519

Does anyone have any ideas? I really appreciate any help.

Edit:
    In case anyone encounters the same issue I did, I finally was able to get a hold of Overpowered customer support via their phone number after 49 attempts. They provided me a copy of the LP-3 user's manual which does provide the terms and conditions for the warrant but states "1 year" instead of "2 year." I asked about this discrepancy and the representative told me that the warranty was initially 1 year and was later extended to 2 years. I asked if he could provide that information in his email with the copy of the manual and he said he could not.
    If anyone is curious about fixing your laptop out of warranty, I was also told they do not provide any out-of-warranty services because they don't handle money.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021