TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. alexnvidia

alexnvidia Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i'm talking about the new kryonaut with the flat rubber nozzle. it's a lot longer lasting than coolermaster master gel maker but it still wont last 6 months long. about 2 months down the line u can see temps rise significantly

2. alexnvidia

alexnvidia Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    try watching this

3. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Far from it, its one of the LEAST viscous pastes on the market.

Yes I'm talking about that too. The new mastergel maker runs cooler and lasts longer than that kryonaut.

If you want good temperatures and something that'll last forever just lap your heatsink to a mirror finish and use carbonaut. That's the best option short of using liquid metal.

Steerty likes this.
  4. Steerty

Steerty Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Interesting vid, love Bob.
    Ended up buying the pad but sadly seems like the carbonaut didn't do anything, it was far worse. I cut it into perfect shape and tightened the screws, don't think I did anything wrong. First is after 90 minutes of gaming using degraded kryonaut, second is after only 30 mins using the pad. GPU was 70 degrees and 72 degrees max respectively. And as a comparison, if fresh kryonaut is applied CPU doesn't go over 75 degrees.
    Any more ideas? It's driving me nuts.
    2020-07-14 16_41_21-.png 2020-07-14 17_57_35-HWiNFO64 v6.24-4120 Sensor Status [1 value hidden].png

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  5. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Take it apart again, massage the back of the cpu/gpu (whichever you used carbonaut on) with one hand while pressing down on the heatsink side.

Steerty likes this.
  6. Steerty

Reputations:
    Apologies but I don't exactly understand what you mean. I can't exactly massage the backside of the cpu without taking out the entire motherboard. Is this what you mean?

7. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes

8. Steerty

Reputations:
    Tried doing this but this seems straight up impossible, I can't take the motherboard out with the heatsink attached, nor can I do it in reverse order. If I take the motherboard out without the heatsink this would do nothing, even if I hold the heatsink against the motherboard while I massage it, I'd have to take the heatsink off again to install it.
    What would this accomplish anyway?
    Any more tips/ideas?

9. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Massaging the back of the cpu/gpu helps to compress the carbonaut so that it conforms better to fill gaps between the heatsink and cpu/gpu. It helps a lot in my experience.

If that's not possible then just try to apply pressure to all corners of the heatsink and hopefully the contact improves.

Steerty likes this.
  10. Steerty

Reputations:
    So far I've tried several different combinations of tightening the screws in varying degrees of tightness and trying this but I seem to be getting the best results by just tightening the screws all the way down. At least this way peak and average temperature between cores lies within 2-3 degrees which tells me pressure is evenly distributed. It's still really high though with peak temps of 90 after 10 mins of gaming.
    Do you think an extra washer for even more pressure might help? Or do I try liquid metal at this point? Maybe a more viscous thermal paste like you suggested earlier?
    Feels like buying carbonaut pad was a bit of a waste.