TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Kimberly A. de Oliveira

Kimberly A. de Oliveira Newbie

Reputations:

Mr. Fox likes this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    That could be the problem. This is the most broken, problem-causing version of Windows 10 ever released.

3. AyoMayo

AyoMayo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I tried to re-paste my EVOO 17 for the first time. Even after being heated up by an hour of gaming, the heatsink refused to come off. Tried to use a screwdriver to budge it on up, but somehow blew a circuit under the biggest CPU screw point. I thought my laptop was as good as dead, but somehow it still works normally. Have no idea what might've been affected and don't know if I want to try again.

4. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Did you unplug the battery before working on it? That's the second step after removing the bottom cover...

5. AyoMayo

AyoMayo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yep, I always do that. I think my mistake was trying this right after shutting the laptop down after it was on and charged all day... I'm not sure how electricity in motherboards work, but it might be that there was some charge leftover in the motherboard itself. Anyways, I did some more thorough testing and it seems all my ports, devices and CPU/GPU are working as normal so I definitely lucked out.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  6. Steerty

Steerty Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey,

I have the all plastic GK7CP7S. Does anyone know if there is a metal/aluminium/whatever bottom plate from another model that would be interchangeable?

I also seem to be running into some weird thermal issues.
    When I repaste the laptop with thermal grizzly temps are absolutely amazing, below 75 degrees on CPU with a -0.125 undervolt and 75w TDP setting in prime95, it's able to sustain 4ghz. After just a couple of days though it starts to degrade and within 2 weeks I'll be hitting thermal throttling upwards of 97 degrees. When I remove the heatsink and inspect the thermal paste I can see it got squashed out and there's barely any on the CPU anymore (GPU is totally fine every time). I tried different pastes, different levels of tightening the screws etc but nothing seems to help. I inspected the heatsink if it's warped or anything but it looks fine. Any ideas? Having to repaste every 2 weeks is a real pain, was thinking of getting a graphite thermal pad or something.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  7. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Try getting a thicker and more viscous paste. I recommend the new cooler master mastergel maker.

genexis_x likes this.
  8. alexnvidia

alexnvidia Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i've had similar issues using mastergel maker. after repasting the temps were good for a week or two then thing went south real fast the week after. i ended up settling on krynaut which lasted a month or two before things go south again. The tripod heatsink for this laptop is not balanced and be seen clearly when you removed the heatsink during repaste.

i would suggest you try something that will not degrade forever, something like carbonaut. it's a carbon sheet. temps will not be as good as paste but it will be more consistent and longer lasting.

9. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Are you talking about new or old kryonaut? The new one comes with a flat nozzle. I've used old kryonaut before and yes that doesn't last as long as keyonaut but the new one is significantly improved over the old one. Temps are lower and its also a lot more viscous making it more resistant to pump out which will help with longevity.

As for carbonaut, on laptops you can make it perform as well as liquid metal. I use it myself on the gpu. All you need to do is to lap the heatsink until you get a mirror finish.

10. Steerty

Steerty Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Honestly, thermal grizzly kryonaut is as viscous as it gets I believe.

Yeah thats what I thought so too. Honestly the tripod design is super bad and annoying.

Any specific experience with the graphite pad? Honestly thinking of getting one since I dont wanna repaste so often... Does it stay in place?

Seems like having to repaste because the thermal paste gets squashed out is a common issue, so annoying....