TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Pabbeni

Pabbeni Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks a lot. I'll try it out and see if it fixes my problem.

2. Hex_cz

Hex_cz Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello dear friendos, how are you doing? So, i'd like to know if its possible (and where) to purchase spare parts for these laptops, i got one from a reseller at my country exactly like these, but its a plastic chassis. My idea is to replace the chassis for the aluminium one. Thanks!

Edit 1: forgot to ask another thing: did anyone here managed to get the subwoofer working on any linux distro? I'm on ubuntu 20.04 and tried a lot of things, but no luck...

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  3. rysore

rysore Newbie

Reputations:
    hello everyone i got my GK7CP0S a month ago :) I was using macbook for 5 years so im also newbie in windows environment. so i have some questions:

-while surfing on the net i found an information about i7-9750h cpu's should work 40-45C degrees on daily basis but mine is working between 50-55C degrees without any pressure (cpu 10%). So i installed intel extreme utility and decided to make undervolting but i found this laptop already came with -0,050v undervolt. Are these heat degrees normal for that cpu or i have issue to work on?

-Also, while using in the office mode, xtu always shows "power limit throttling: yes", when I press the turbo mode, it disappears. I watched some tutorials and changed my "turbo boost short power max: 35,000w to 95,000w" and "turbo boost short power max: 35,000w to 45,000w" but still plt: says yes, how can i solve?

4. Kimberly A. de Oliveira

Kimberly A. de Oliveira Newbie

Reputations:
    hello guys, my tongfang has the sound blaster 5 cinema, but do i need to do something to activate it? the sound is very low, when I reinstalled windows, the system installed 1 sound blaster connect but it doesn't show anything [​IMG]https://imgur.com/a/7uP7zuu

5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Use ThrottleStop instead of XTU. http://forum.notebookreview.com/posts/11027456/ and set "Disable and lock turbo power limits" on the FIVR page. Max out the power limits on the TPL page. Set SpeedShift EPP to zero in the main window.
    if you are using the generic audio drivers from Micro$lop (Windows Update or native Windoze 10 drivers) that will be broken. Using the audio driver provided by the laptop vendor will likely fix that for you.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  6. Kimberly A. de Oliveira

Reputations:
    I just uninstalled the driver, installed the manufacturer's, and now I'm out of audio ... (Windows audio indicator shows that there is audio (volume can be adjustable) but I have no sound, and the sound blaster connect remains the same way, I tested with headset, headset works

Mr. Fox likes this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Well, that's weird. Sorry that is happening, Kimberly. If you're on Windoze 10 2004 that might have something to do with it since it is such a buggy piece of crap. I am not sure what to suggest other than if you're on the latest version of Windoze 10 you probably shouldn't be.

8. Kimberly A. de Oliveira

Reputations:
    i have....

9. Kimberly A. de Oliveira

Reputations:
    I reinstalled windows and now the sound blaster has an interface, but says it is not connected upload_2020-6-28_13-4-8.png
    in english: it is not possible to detect your audio device.
    Check the connection

10. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I am not sure what the issue might be. I have not experienced it. What version of Windows 10 are you running?

Maybe @B0B has run into this before and may have an idea.