TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Merloon

Merloon Newbie

Reputations:
    You are correct, i only wish to open the back panel, i wanted to give the fans a good clean, since they are getting really really dirty, here's how the bottom of my laptop looks like, tongfang model GK7CP0S, 17" [​IMG]https://imgur.com/a/dY3lynL (sorry for the bad quality), thanks for taking interest into my issue, there are lots and lots of guides for the 15" one, idk why there's zero for the 17"

2. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hey does anyone know what the tdp of the Eluktroboosted 2080 Max-q in the Mech 17 is?

It gets a whopping 27k graphics score in firestrike which is as high as an overclocked 150w 2080 Max-p.

3. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    *spits out water*
    Facking hell, I gotta get me one of those. Slap some liquid metal on it and put some super fast ram in it for max performance. Shame there isn't a seller here in the UK / Europe that sells it with an Eluktroboost-esqe feature

4. alexnvidia

alexnvidia Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's 115W max. It is impossible to score that high with just 115W 2080 Max Q. At most you are looking at 23-24k

5. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don't believe it either, take a look yourself.

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/21653660

6. Rinkutux

Rinkutux Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got a weird issue regarding keyboard backlight today. When I set it on in the BIOS and boot the system, the keyboard is all bugged. Like it automatically types and print keys without me doing anything, it doesn't respond to my key presses etc.. The issue is not present if I disable keyboard backlight in the BIOS.

Does anyone ever encountered such a weird problem ? Do you think it's hardware related ? It just happened today

7. isaacmaple08

isaacmaple08 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey Everyone have a Eluk Mech-17 / GK7CP0S. Is there a way to use the OP3 or GK7CP0S Bios updates on these laptops and are they the same? Don't see anything on the Eluk site.

I was able to remove the power limiting on the 9750h after repasting using Conductonaut. Still not getting much better results in Firestrike Ultra than my Aorus X7 DT V7 1080. Mine does have the 2080 MQ.

Tried tweaking voltage and overclock but still doesn't seem much of an improvement which is what I was hoping for.

Also does anyone know where to get the 4-cell battery? I ordered one about 11 days ago from B2c-laptop-batteries but they still haven't shipped it or given me any update on when it might Ship out.

8. Merloon

Merloon Newbie

Reputations:
    What's the process to open the back lid for the 17 inch version, contacted my reseller and he told me that it does not come off easily

9. Pabbeni

Pabbeni Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My Sound Blaster Connect application suddenly stopped working. All it shows is a blank screen. I think it stopped detecting my audio? Now I have pretty bad audio. I've tried different drivers of Realtek. The audio driver that came with my laptop, the latest available one, and an old one (version 8720 I think?) that was said to work with sound blaster. I've also tried uninstalling then reinstalling the sound blaster app from the microsoft store but still, it won't work. Anybody have a solution or experienced the same thing? Laptop is Mech 17-G1R from Eluktronics bought summer last year.

Here is an image of my sound blaster app: https://imgur.com/a/FICoRnQ

10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Probably a Windows 10 driver update screwed it up. It happened to me a couple of times. My Windoze Store app crap got broken again, so I just blew it off and left it that way. M$ UWP/DCH driver feces is absolutely terrible buggy garbage.

I think the older drivers and the Realtek (non-DCH) controls are much better than the fancy Creative GamerKid UWP crap. You can download it from my Google Drive if you want to try it out. >>LINK<<

Just be sure to use DDU audio driver removal tool or Revo Uninstaller to remove all of the registry junk and old files and folders and set your network access to airplane mode before you reboot after removing the current junk. That way Windoze 10 won't goof it up for you while you are installing the older driver. Once you install the older driver that isn't a DCH version, Windoze 10 should leave it alone because it's not DCH trash.

After installing and rebooting, open the Realtek HD Audio Manager from the tray icon. Click the little battery icon and make the circle at the top dark to disable power management. That will help stop pops and clicks associated with Windows trying to reduce power consumption.
    Old.JPG
    upload_2020-4-30_22-41-19.png

Last edited: May 1, 2020