TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    It could be a bad battery, or it could simply be a matter of resetting something.

With Dell/Alienware laptops we often see similar odd behavior. While the battery is disconnected, hold down the power button for 30 seconds before connecting the AC adapter. This discharges ESD and corrects weird behavior on a Dell and doing that might have some effect on your system.

ditchmagnet likes this.
  2. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    When I tried it tonight it was just working, so problem resolved for now!

Mr. Fox likes this.
  3. Trewhela

Trewhela Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is normal that at power mode full fan the vga get max 80w ??

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk

Mr. Fox likes this.
  4. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Yes, if you are seeing a max of 80W power draw from a RTX 2060 notebook it is running at the full rated TGP and performing at max stock power spec.

genexis_x likes this.
  5. Trewhela

Trewhela Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    But turbomode does not give more wattage ?? Like eluktroboost ??

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk

6. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    No, the max TGP (we commonly call it TDP but that applies to CPU) for a RTX 2060 notebook GPU is 80W. Maybe @B0B can comment broadly about Eluktroboost without divulging any proprietary details, but I suspect that has more to do with holding boost clocks under load than it does pulling more than the power limit. For a RTX 2060 notebook GPU to deliver full and unmetered performance running a 0% core offset it would need at around 100W power limit. The silly low 80W power limit is what artificially caps the boost clocks. With a 100W power limit we would likely see it holding boost clocks between 1.8-2.0GHz depending on the GPU core temperature.

Trewhela likes this.
  7. genexis_x

genexis_x Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    2060 can boost to 115W via Turbo mode/Eluktroboost, however some models don't have this feature due to different BIOS/firmware, even though they are the same barebone. You won't be able to monitor the correct GPU power draw with monitoring software

8. B0B

B0B B.O.A.T.

Reputations:
    It’s not a Bios/firmware that enables this but a physical mod applied to the board. This is straight from the horses mouth.

If it were Bios related we’d have two different Bios releases for the same machine.

genexis_x and Mr. Fox like this.
  9. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Probably a change in resistor value like the shunt mod I have done on my 1080 Ti and 2080 Ti desktop GPUs. The actual power draw is roughly 2.5x the power value shown in software. My 2080 Ti pulls around 900W under full load while overclocked to 2235MHz @1.125V. The vBIOS power limit is 2000W. It never drops below 2235MHz while running on chilled water.

B0B likes this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Anyone playing Halo on this machine? I got it yesterday and played a while on my desktop. Pretty nice. I can finally delete my ancient Halo CE "portable" version that I hacked more than a decade and a half ago so it would run without my CD and Windows Live for Games or whatever they used to call that DRM pile of mess. I bet I have used that original game on at least 15 different machines since I purchased it back in 2001-2002.

I am going to give it a run on my MECH-15 today.

upload_2020-3-29_11-56-39.png