TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Alexandru Duna

Alexandru Duna Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Regretably, no, not at all. I did it at some point using ThrottleStop, but I have reinstalled Winows a few times since then (I didn't even have ThrottleStop on my computer at the time of writing). I kind of doubt the CPU was undervolted at the time I ran Skyrim (this was quite a lot of months ago) either.

I actually set OpenHardwareMonitor to log temperatures to a file so I could see if CPU/GPU would be overheating at the time the PC shut down. Reading those logs, it looks like the GPU was at 83 degress (Celsius). This post mentions this is the temperature where the GPU starts to throttle (thought it seems to be talking about the PC variant of the GTX 1060): https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/gtx-1060-safe-temp.3030308/

I suppose both runs were while plugged in, no? Could it be that your GPU was overheating and throttling?

2. AyoMayo

AyoMayo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I've found a new battery that could potentially fit. It's 91 WHr on the new MAX 17: Getac PFIDG-03-17-3S2P-0. At first glance it looks noticeably slimmer than the 94 WHr on the MAG 15. I'm very tempted to get one and try it myself.

Your settings in-game were probably changed to be much higher. Sometimes OW randomly reset my settings to all Epic and 140% resolution scaling.

Prerana likes this.
  3. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It gets thicker on the sides though. Idk. It is thin in the middle. I don't think it will fit.
    https://www.laptop-battery-shop.com...-1155v-7900mah-original-batteries-p-7277.html

I checked my ow settings and made sure it was low, how I like it. Idk. You on the 2060? What frames are you getting?

4. AyoMayo

AyoMayo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The sides just feel thinner than the 94 WHr battery on the pictures and videos. I think if you remove the pads on the bottom cover of the 17" it'll fit. I can only find the battery on a UK retailer though, so I cant test it just yet.

On OW, with 3.9 GHz CPU and 1540 GHz GPU, I play on all medium and get 144 fps capped consistently; minimums down to 110 fps on really taxing team fights.

5. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Very interested in this upgrade if possible. My local stocks my country's version of the MAX17

This is odd. I have the 2060 and so far i've been stable in every game and benchmark i've run (AC Odyssey, Overwatch, Fire Strike, AC7 etc)

What drivers are you on? Any boosts enabled or undervolts set?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2020
  6. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Idk where would the values would be, since I never messed around the new CC. There are CCs that can switch to the white keyboard color including the latest ones directly on mechrevo's site.

7. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    genexis_x likes this.
  8. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    IDK what happened, my frames are up over 250 again.

9. Prerana

Prerana Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am trying to put another m.2 sata ssd in my nvme slot(one closer to the fan) but its not detecting, Can somebody confirm if that slot only takes NVME drives or there is some problem with my machine cos its working fine when I put it in the sata slot

10. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm trying to speed the animations that react to your typing such as ripple, spark or reactive. Unfortunately the gaming center slider isn't enough. When I type at at semi-fast speed, the keyboard animations are laggy.