TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you could print a good replacement base cover, that seems like it would be perfect.

2. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you can find a side view of the mag-15 or max-17 on the side, I can try to get measurement on my current 17" with it's lid to determine if it's possible without a lid mod.

3. ditchmagnet

Reputations:
    btw, does anyone have a way to set the key color white? Choosing white in the control center app doesn't set it to white, more of a blue color.

4. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    might just be your unit that doesn't have the correct balance for true white color, to manually change the color, it's going to require editing the color and setting it with what ever value system they use, assuming it's RGB or HEX. or you could try to install other control centers to see if it corrects the colors.

5. ditchmagnet

Reputations:
    do you happen to know if there is a file that I can edit those values?

6. seahawk10

seahawk10 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I think someone set it to white by using one of the other compatible gaming centers. Or perhaps it was the Rev Center written by someone on this platform. Let me see if I can find the post.

7. CrAzY-HoOliO

CrAzY-HoOliO Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My machine came in a day early so have it in hand. Quite a nicely built machine. It isn't much less rigid than my thinkpad P50 and about 1/4 the price of a new thinkpad p73 with the same performance. It won't be until thursday i do a tear down and measurements as that is when my ssd's and ram upgrades come in. Going to put 64gb and dual 1tb nvme ssd in it.

8. Alexandru Duna

Alexandru Duna Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone been experiencing sudden complete shut downs on this laptop :( ? It happened to me when I was playing games like GTA IV or Skyrim (at max settings)....

I got it from https://www.win-raid.com/t4386f16-O...vo-MACHENIKE-Unlocked-BIOS-Guide-W-Files.html :) It's a wonderful tutorial which is not hard to do, but you HAVE to be very careful!

Prerana likes this.
  9. RainbowRunner

RainbowRunner Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Did you undervolt your laptop? Too much offset could cause a sudden shut down.

10. ditchmagnet

Reputations:
    Does anyone play overwatch on the 2060 version? I'm having a strange thing happening. When I first tried it the other day, I was getting 250-300fps. Yesterday I was around 100, even dipping under. My control panel is set to use the 2060. I tested Firestrike and got my highest score ever. And ideas of what to look for.