TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I believe standard -50mV, wheb throttlestop starts -100mV. So the test yesterday was with -50mV.

2. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  3. Anunak

Anunak Newbie

Reputations:
    A couple days ago i did Windows 10 fresh install. I also installed all drivers from Eluktronics(they are a bit old) except Intel ME driver. Problem is - after some time in a sleep state the laptop wakes up by itself. Event Viewer says :

The system has returned from a low power state.

Sleep Time: ‎2020‎-‎01‎-‎16T19:50:46.345551900Z
    Wake Time: ‎2020‎-‎01‎-‎16T21:51:50.012583700Z

Wake Source: Unknown

My laptop Mech 17 G1r:
    windows 10 ltsc
    core i7-9750h
    nvidia rtx 2060
    undervolt offset -110mV
    Bios N.1.52

I suspect that this problem is hibernation problem but I'm not sure. So should i install missing intel ME driver(in device manager there are no yellow triangles) or update bios(there is a new bios N.1.53 for schenker xmg neo 17) or turn the hibernation off?

4. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My unit behaves similar due to USB being active during sleep/hibernation (something is causing an input or sometime related to RAM management after a really long period.)

5. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So I just bought the 17" EVOO version of the laptop and I'm wondering if the new bigger battery would fit. It seems like it could since the wire harness on the new one have to run to the right and on the old one they run to the left, so moving the battery to the left because of the speaker/sub board shouldn't be an issue. Thoughts? This would be a great upgrade.

6. CrAzY-HoOliO

CrAzY-HoOliO Newbie

Reputations:
    I have one on order that arrives in a few days and from my reading i was wondering this as well for the larger 90whr i read about that didn't fit in last years chassis. I was also wondering if anyone had done a screen replacement or upgrade on the 17" evoo 17 model. I would like to swap the gaming display for a 4k productivity display.

7. ditchmagnet

Reputations:
    What size battery do you have on order? I was wondering if the person that tried it before tried on the 15" or the 17". I was also thinking that if it was close, then maybe it would be possible to modify the bottom case a little to accommodate it.

Id think the screen might be tricky unless there is a vendor doing that so you could get the part numbers, and the. Make sure you had the right cable.

8. CrAzY-HoOliO

CrAzY-HoOliO Newbie

Reputations:
    I don't have a battery on order yet nor a screen. I just have been doing a lot of reading on similar models and previous attempts by people. I purchased the Evoo 17 that should be here wednesday so i can start taking measurements and research options. Screen wouldn't be too bad as its a standard EDP 40 pin connection from what i can tell. The mounting is really the only tricky part and it seems they use 2 sided tape or adhesive which is fine as I have done that kind of replacement before. Since the screen is 144hz 1080p it is guaranteed to be 40 pin edp as 30 pin maxes at 120hz screens.

9. ditchmagnet

Reputations:
    Looking at the batteries compared here, the big battery is much thicker, so it really won't with. 62whr is probably the best its going to get.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-15-vapor-15-pro.830272/page-13#post-10952921

10. CrAzY-HoOliO

CrAzY-HoOliO Newbie

Reputations:
    Ahh that is quite a bit thicker, once i have the laptop in hand i will take precise measurements and see if i can mill or 3d print a base cover extension to accommodate the larger battery. The other option is i can dump the battery charge controller firmware or sniff the SBS protocol between the original battery and motherboard to then use a more appropriate fitting battery. I suppose the third and less fun option is just use my large powerbank that is 200whr. I will see once I get it and how much of a hobby project I want to make out of it.