TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. alexnvidia

alexnvidia Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    to find out if you have serious core temperature difference, you need to run it at 4GHz all core turbo and stress it. I can get around that temperature too if i seriously limit the frequency of the cpu to 3.6GHz but i value performance over noise.

2. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I found these old posts:

Scores of cinebench and Firestrike.
    Tongfang GK7CP7S, i7-9750H, RTX2070, 16GB DDR4 2666MHz in dual channel (Kingstong HyperX CL15)
    Cinebench R15 --> CPU 1310, OpenGL 124,21fps
    Firestrike: Score 18386, 21670 Graphics score, 16921 Physics score and 9163 combined score
    The cinebench scores stays around 1300 inevery consecutive run, pretty neat.

And

I've put everything standard, except the CPU is -100mV undervolted (setting in bios).
    I played ghost recon: wildlands and noted these values:
    - CPU pulls around 45-50W with amax of 60W, CPU temp around 80-82 degrees celcius with 87 as a max (also hottest core measured is 87)
    - GPU pulls up to 120W, Max temp 82 degrees celcius.

I think these are pretty good values for a CPU and GPU with graphite pads.

So with a 0,1V undervolt and all the rest standard the CPU maxes out at 87 degrees and settles around 80-82 degrees with core differences of 3 degrees where 82 degrees is the hottest.
    GPU max was 82 degrees, it hoovers around 78-82.
    The laptop is making some noise than, if I game with headset I don't mind. Otherwise I start limiting the laptop.

If you are opening your laptop that often, testing graphit pads would not harm. Maybe this is a 'solution'. I'm happy with it, it never degrades.

alexnvidia likes this.
  3. alexnvidia

Reputations:
    what graphite pads are you using?

4. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    alexnvidia likes this.
  5. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Update on my core differentials. Using the same MasterGel Nano and temps were taken after 3 TS bench runs at 1024M size. Undervolt of -210mv core and -100mv cache

Core 0: 81c
    Core 1: 77c
    Core 2: 81c
    Core 3: 78c
    Core 4: 79c
    Core 5: 78c

alexnvidia and genexis_x like this.
  6. alexnvidia

Reputations:
    When did you repaste? and mind sharing how did you balance the heatsink pressure on the CPU die?

7. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Actually i didnt repaste. If you remember my last post about the core differentials, that was the last repaste i did. I just left it there and occasionally used it as im back home for the hols with my main rig

IIRC i did not tighten the two non spring tensioned screws all the way on the CPU side. They still have about a quater turn left until they're tight while the larger one with the spring got turned all the way

8. alexnvidia

Reputations:
    i recently noticed my HWinfo can no longer detect CPU undervolt changes in real time. If i make undervolt adjustments in throttlestop, the undervolt changes are not reflected in HWinfo. the value for IA voltage offset and CLR are fixed. The only way for HWinfo to show the new undervolt changes is to quit the app and open again. HWmonitor on the other hand is able to detect the cpu undervolt changes in realtime. Even a fresh windows format did not resolve this.

Also, If i enable "disable and lock power limits" in throttlestop and let throttlestop start immediately with windows as @Mr. Fox recommended, my PL1 & 2 will not be detected (missing) in HWinfo. But i set a 30seconds delay before throttlestop start with windows, the PL1 & 2 appears in HWinfo but will be stuck at 70W & 85W respectively which kind of make sense because i did enable "disable and lock power limits" in throttlestop as @unclewebb recommended.

Any ideas as to why my undervolt changes can no longer be detected b HWinfo in realtime? and is there a way to show PL1 & 2 in HWinfo if i enable "disable and lock power limits" in throttlestop and let it start with windows immediately without delay? @Mr. Fox , @unclewebb

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  9. unclewebb

unclewebb ThrottleStop Author

Reputations:
    Does the monitoring table in the TS FIVR window show your voltage changes? That is important.

There are some bios and or Windows updates on the horizon that might completely block voltage adjustment. Be ready for that. TS reports this correctly.

I would not delay start ThrottleStop. It is a known HWiNFO limitation that it does not report some things correctly when using the Disable and Lock feature. Ignore HWiNFO and concentrate on your TS setup to maximize performance.

Mr. Fox and alexnvidia like this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Place a shortcut to HWiNFO and TS on your taskbar or desktop. Immediately upon reaching the desktop, launch HWiNFO, immediately followed by TS. This will allow HWiNFO to read the PL1/PL2 sensors and (hopefully) launching TS within 2 or 3 seconds will allow it to override any firmware cancer that is limiting your voltage and power settings. It works this way for my MECH-15.

If ThrottleStop starts before HWiNFO64 does, the PL1/PL2 sensors will disappear in HWiNFO64.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    alexnvidia likes this.