TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. faiz23

faiz23 Macbook FTW

Reputations:
    genexis_x likes this.
  2. Sonecko

Sonecko Newbie

Reputations:
  3. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    if you can open it and see if the keyboard ribbon is misplaced or has moved? I think eluktronics slapped a screenshot here. If not, I can try to dig through my emails.

Sorry to hear :/

4. seahawk10

seahawk10 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Please post a screen-shot so I know which cable to check if you have it. Thanks!

5. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It’s in this vicinity
    C5408914-1A37-411D-9EC1-78470D24C02E.jpeg
    Will upload a more specific picture next couple days as my SSD is acting up and disappears on me (have a few theories)

6. seahawk10

seahawk10 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The all-black ribbon cable or the red/blue/yello/white/black cable?

7. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The colorwd cable seema the battery cable...

8. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So far in the couple of weeks of using this laptop, i must say that it is very impressive considering its price point. So far i've done:

a. A fresh repaste with CM Master Maker (11wmk). The initial paste job by Illegear using TG Kryonaut pumped out raather quickly and resulted in a large core temp differential. We're looking at about 10 degrees or more. I've manged to reduce it to about 5 or so in between cores. I probably will need to fine tune heatsink pressure since this setup unfortunately uses a tripod mount for both CPU and GPU

b. UV-ed the crap out of this machine. On stock clocks i've been stable in TS bench as well as in game with a -200mv on core and -80mv on cache. TS bench has a couple of cores just over 80 degrees with the rest being in the 70s after 3 consecutive runs at 1024 size. Looking at voltages in HWinfo, i believe i can push it to about -220 at most without crashing. Will update in the long run

c. For me, a fresh windows install fixed the crackling sound i was having with my speakers. If a windows update has been pushed to your machine and breaks soundblaster, just remove the realtek audio and soundblaster software from control panel and reinstall them

9. genexis_x

genexis_x Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    From my experience: undervolt core and cache over -100mv (same undervolt value) will have the best result. Undervolt core to a higher value like -200mv doesn't seem to make a difference in terms of clock speed and power draw. Once over -150mv the difference is negligible.

alexnvidia likes this.
  10. alexnvidia

alexnvidia Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i did some tests and i can confirm your findings. core and cache needs to go hand in hand in order to achieve lower power draw. the cache undervolt makes a significant difference to lower cpu power. @Jared_T , you can test on your end to verify this. it makes no difference if you undervolt to -200mV or more if your cache dont follow the same.

genexis_x likes this.