TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If it is the 2060 or 2080 Max-Q then the laptop should have it

I'll do a bit more testing with the speakers. Does yours occur at idle or when doing something?

@alexnvidia apparently office mode is now 35w. I restarted HWinfo and its showing PL1 and PL2 as 35w.

upload_2019-11-24_0-9-7.png

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2019
    genexis_x likes this.
  2. alexnvidia

alexnvidia Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    HWINFO is a bit buggy lately. sometimes the sensors would appear, sometimes it would not. and it no longer tracks undervolt in real time. say if you make undervolt changes in TS, it will not be reflected in hwinfo unless you restart the app. can you check yours too?

anyway, i am using command center 1.0.0.50, setting it to office mode and running TS bench from TS, i can see the CPU power over 70W. i dont think it's working, at least on my laptop.

3. Jared_T

Reputations:
    Hey what are your C state percentages for C7 to C10? I am getting extremely short battery life. About 2 hours with the 63whr battery.

I'm hitting more than 10w on idle in office mode and with battery saver enabled. My C2 and C3 states on battery are also insanely high when it should be the deeper C states that are high percentaged

4. alexnvidia

Reputations:
    do you have msi afterburner installed?

5. Jared_T

Reputations:
    Installed but its never switched on. My GPU temp is not showing up in TS so im certain that it is not AB unless i'm mistaken

Hmm thats strange. I'm running HWinfo and cycling between the 3 profiles using the button and office mode is 35w PL1 and PL2 while gaming and turbo is 70w and 80w

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2019
  6. alexnvidia

Reputations:
    That's strange. Do we have the same bios and EC firmware? cos mine runs at PL1 70W PL2 85W and it wont change regardless of gaming mode or eco mode. your max is only 80W? can you check your firmware and EC version?

7. Steerty

Steerty Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys,

Anyone here know the exact differences between the GK7CP7S and GK7CP6R?
    From what I could gather, the GK7CP6R is very slightly newer?
    If you look closely, the GK7CP6R has a line on each side of the keyboard, going to a corner of the laptop. The chassis is also 2mm thicker but no clue for what, it looks the same as the GK7CP7S.
    Configured with 9750h and RTX2060, the GK7CP7S is 1469 and the GK7CP6R is only 1294 euros. Specs are otherwise identical.

Thoughts?

8. genexis_x

genexis_x Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    GK7-R is all plastic build with membrane kb. Slightly lighter weight. GK7-S has aluminium lid and mech kb. It's available with higher end GPUs. Cooling solution is the same in both models

Steerty and alexnvidia like this.
  9. Jared_T

Reputations:
    I'll get it for you in about a day. I'm on my old laptop at the moment haha. But from what i remember, i asked Illegear to fully update everything on my machine (drivers, windows, BIOS etc) My laptop has windows 1909 while my insider enabled desktop only has 1903 lmao

10. Steerty

Steerty Newbie

Reputations:
    I see, thanks a lot!