TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. flammatier

flammatier Newbie

Reputations:
    I did a forum search, and haven't seen this supplier come up. Has anyone purchased the CUK barebones laptop? The link was working until today, and then it suddenly disappeared. Where's the current recommended sport to get GK7CP7S for USA customers?

Old link, working until today:
    CUK

2. alexnvidia

alexnvidia Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i did. i tried with an external HDD and also a USB thumb drive. both behaved the same. there's no cable with usb thumb drive.

3. alexnvidia

Reputations:
    I did go to illegear about this, unfortunately they are not helpful at all when it comes to dealing with international customers, even when the country i'm residing in is just next to the country they operate in.

their aftersales service so far has not been impressive. Replies are very slow, sometimes dont reply at all, drivers and apps in their support page dont get updated unless u request it multiple times, and they are not flexible at all when it comes to international customers. starting to regret my decision for not sticking with dell.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  4. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Damn that sucks big time. Usually i shoot Azim an email everytime i have a problem and he seems to do a decent job of replying to my messages/emails. Perhaps you could go through him via email? Thats how i got a lot of support for my X7

genexis_x likes this.
  5. genexis_x

genexis_x Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Have you considered using other thermal paste like CM Mastergel Maker Nano? Bcoz Tongfang laptops have tripod heatsink and Kryonaut usually doesn't work well with uneven pressure heatsinks.

Also, heatsink in 9750H+2060 laptops usually can dissipate 45w+80w heat minimum. Even though Selenite can handle more than this, that doesn't mean that it can handle a fully loaded CPU and GPU. Try lowering PL1/PL2 aka long power max/short power max to something like 50W.

LamsonMusic likes this.
  6. Jared_T

Reputations:
    Hey mate would you mind sharing your throttlestop settings? Got the 9750H and 2060 SKU coming in a few days and i want to set an undervolt or underclock so a rough guide as to how much i'll be able to squeeze out of the chip would be much appreciated!

7. alexnvidia

Reputations:
    i'm undervolted to -119mV for both CPU core and CPU cache under FIVR. anything more will result in system instability. the new BIOS by default only allows a max of -50mV undervolt.

8. alexnvidia

Reputations:
    I absolutely hate the tripod heatsink design. I had a tonne of nightmare when i owned Alienware 17R4 and i cant believe i'm back to another tripod cpu heatsink. my heatsink does have cpu core differential, around 10C more for 3 cores, so it's clear that the heatsink is not balanced. I have already repasted it with CM mastergel maker due to after a few weeks of use, the kryonaut paste that came with it began to degrade peaking over 95C causing thermal throttle which is a massive 10C increase compared to when i first got the laptop.

I'm using throttlestop to undervolt and unfortunately throttlestop can't control PL1/PL2 settings. Whatever you set in throttlestop will not have effect on the laptop cpu. It can however be controlled using intel XTU but XTU is a pain to work with when it comes to startup. If you are able to control selenite's cpu PL1/P2 with throttlestop, please do share how.

Also for new owners, you might wanna repaste the system yourself, at least for illegear variant. when i opened it up, i noticed they never actually repasted the GPU because kryonaut paste can easily be differentiated from factory toothpaste. also, some of the thermal pads for CPU power delivery components are missing. Needless to say, the repaste job was poorly done.

Despite kryonaut being a good thermal paste, it actually is a poor thermal paste to use in laptops especially when intel 14++++++++++ CPU can easily hit over 90C. For those who are unaware, kryonaut can start to dry off if the temperature exceed 80C, which is why when you first repasted with kryonaut, the temps are good but after a few weeks of use, the temps get worse and worse (which is exactly what i experienced).

this is the reference: https://www.thermal-grizzly.com/en/products/16-kryonaut-en
    "Kryonaut uses a special structure, which halts the drying out process at temperatures of up to 80° Celsius. This structure is also responsible for the nano-aluminum- and zinc-oxide-parts included in the grease to compound optimally, to compensate for unevenness of the component (i.e. the CPU) or the heat sink, thus guaranteeing remarkable heat transfer."

Jared_T and genexis_x like this.
  9. Jared_T

Reputations:
    Thanks for the heads up. Luckily i have some NT-H1 and CM mastergel leftover. Will take it apart to put in my second drive so i'll be sure to give the paste job a look see. Don't have extra thermal pads if my unit is missing pads for the VRM.

Also, if i want to downgrade the command center app, just an uninstall and reinstall will do?

10. alexnvidia

Reputations:
    uninstall, restart, then install, restart.