TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. TechnoWhore

TechnoWhore Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That's what I thought, but now I can't reproduce the issue even when replicating the same conditions.

2. jmthomas1987

jmthomas1987 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Maybe this sounds odd, but were you using the same wall outlet? Maybe the wall outlet was maybe not making good contact.

I had a power strip that drove me crazy once due to the wall outlet it was attached to was worn and loose just enough, that under high loads, it would cut out.

TechnoWhore and TrogloLite like this.
  3. seanwee

seanwee Father of laptop shunt modding

Reputations:
    How does the gpu turbo mode work on this machine? Does raise the gpu power limit as well?

4. jfrancis232

jfrancis232 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I purchased the Mech 15 G2rx ( i7 9750H and RTX 2060 with Eluktroboost). When I am on battery, the GPU is locked at 300 MHZ and the gpu memory is 405 MHZ. I know it should be lower, but everything, even games that run fine on the intel gpu are unplayable. I have been going around with Eluktronics about it, had to even convince them that this isn't normal behavior. They claim to have emailed me a shipping label but I have yet to get it after several days. after changing driver versions, changing power plans, fresh install of Windows, the only thing that has any affect on it is disabling the DGPU and re enabling it. Then the GPU memory goes up to 810 MHZ and the GPU can get as high as 1600 MHZ. Unfortunately this doesn't last past rebooting the laptop. It runs fine on AC getting up to 1850 mhz in Turbo mode, I would love to try a bios flash and vbios flash but they don't have one on their website and are very hit or miss about answering the phone and emails

5. alexnvidia

alexnvidia Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    anyone have any issues with the USB 3 ports on the right of the laptop? one of my usb 3 ports is constantly disconnecting and reconnecting itself when i try to copy files. this is true for both a usb pen drive or an external usb hdd. it's super annoying and no settings i set in windows (turn off usb suspend, turn off power management etc) can help. the usb port next to the problematic one is absolutely fine and the USB C port is also working properly. any suggestions?

6. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I use every USB port and didn't notice anything like this.

7. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Check the cable inside of the laptop that connects to the USB board, if there is a rip, that might be an issue. Should be a flat but wide cable

8. alexnvidia

alexnvidia Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    the cable is ok, it's folded though. i dont see any damage to it.

9. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Did you go to Illegear for this issue? Curious to see if its a one off problem

10. Marvin H Muckley III

Marvin H Muckley III Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did you try a different USB cable? I've had cables go bad from use. I had one that kept disconnecting while trying to transfer stuff to my tablet. Turns out it wasn't the USB port but the cable itself form wear and tear.