TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The same, -120mV. Otherwise I get random crashes. So I leave it at -100mV.

alexnvidia likes this.
  2. richard81

richard81 Newbie

Reputations:

I found just limiting the boost on mine with the 8750h worked great, I limited it to 3.6 boost and -.50mv never goes above 85 now even playing civ 6

alexnvidia likes this.
  3. Master Stewie

Reputations:
    I do the same, i limit even on 3.2GHz.
    On CPU intensive games, the fps drops a bit, but I don’t care. I love the laptop being near silent :).

4. alexnvidia

alexnvidia Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i agree with all your findings. i had to "frequency throttle" my 9750H manually to 3.7GHz on a -119mV undervolt during gaming to ensure the CPU stay under 86C. This is really dumb considering 2019 9th gen intel cpu is supposed to be the latest and greatest we had to slow it down to 2015 speed in order to contain it. Thanks intel.

5. Master Stewie

Reputations:
    Bwa, 2 extra cores and more cache. So there is still a speed bump.
    But that the end for 14Nm is there is clear.

6. Master Stewie

Reputations:
    I didn't do anything on software side on my tongfang, but my keyboard starts typing better and better.
    I don't know why, maybe because Iuse it more and get used to it.

I can type quite fast without missing letters :).

yayo685 likes this.
  7. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Most people need time to get used to a new keyboard. Especially on laptops. I remember it took me a couple of months to start typing at a decent speed when i first got my X7. The macro keys on the side and the extra space between the keys threw me off coming from a standard desktop mech keybaord and my older clevo laptop.

Hopefully once i get my unit in, i wont type as loudly as i do on my main setup

8. TechnoWhore

TechnoWhore Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Had the Tongfang GK7CP7S 17" with RTX 2070 +I7-9750H for almost 2 weeks now. It's a great machine, so light compared to my previous 8lb+ Alienware.

The only weird thing I've noticed is when playing one game in particular it starts drawing some power from the battery while plugged into the mains which indicates that it is not getting enough power which makes no sense since it has a 230W power brick which should be plenty for the RTX 2070. The game appears to be primarily using the GPU up to 95% and isn't one of the most demanding games out there. The GPU and CPU has not been overclocked. Any idea what is going on?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  9. jmthomas1987

jmthomas1987 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I would wonder if the power brick is not keeping up when the video card starts pulling a high load.

I would try first hook up a watt meter in-line between the wall jack and the power brick, then load up that particular game and see if the current draw climbs or if it stays steady. It should climb. If not, then there is your battery drain. The brick may be faulty.

TechnoWhore likes this.
  10. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm not 100% able to confirm this is true but based on the following the photos (source NOTEBOOKCHECK reviews), here is the 17" old gen chassis with the small 3 cell battery, https://www.notebookcheck.net/fileadmin/_processed_/2/1/csm_neo17_24_fa6f5598f5.jpg Now here's the next gen 15" TF chassic https://www.notebookcheck.net/filea...MG_Fusion_15_XFU15L19/SchenkerFusion15_19.jpg

The next 15" gen is at 20mm as thickest point, the 17" is at 27.5mm. Battery connector is the same, save 14.4V.
    New possible upgrade? Maybe...