TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm planning on buying my first gaming laptop in 13 years and am deciding between the Eluktronics MECH-17 or the Clevo PB71. I read this entire thread and the thread for that laptop, and at this point the main advantage of the PB71 I can see is G-Sync support. I don't care about Thunderbolt 3.

However, the one thing stopping me from ordering the MECH-17 is the screen. A question about motion blur / ghosting was brought up earlier in the thread:
    But if you watch Dave game on the laptop, you can clearly see significant motion blur (skip ahead to 2:28):

Here's a review of the Walmart version of the laptop, which also shows significant motion blur (skip ahead to 14:00):

I've researched many gaming laptops, and none of them have screens with as bad motion blur as seen in those two videos. I'm surprised more people haven't complained about it because it seems very annoying for fast-paced content. Am I missing something here?

2. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Mine doesn’t have tearing at all.
    The new panels have 9ms response time instead of 30ms like they had in the past.

My clevo has an AUO panel (the same as the MSI G65) and this one looks the same in terms of quality. The Tongfang has even no light bleed, the clevo was very bad in that.

genexis_x likes this.
  3. Fallen Angel

Reputations:
    Thanks for the response. Could you go into the device settings and give me the model number of the panel? I don't think anyone posted it in this thread.

4. Fallen Angel

Reputations:
    Also, I looked up the MSI G65 to compare to the Clevo panel, and I also see ghosting (skip to 3:52):

It's not as bad, though.

5. mediadoctor

mediadoctor Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Where can i buy 4 cell GETAC GK5CN-00-13-4S1P-0 15.2V 62.32Wh power akku ?

6. genexis_x

genexis_x Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It has ~9ms GTG response times. Panelook has wrong info

7. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I never see that when gaming.
    Not with Far Cry 5, ghost Recon: Wildlands, COD or CS:Go.
    It is a non issue according to me.

8. Fallen Angel

Reputations:
    Okay, I trust your opinions. Still, I'd like it if someone could report back with the panel model number for me so I can look up its specs.

One more thing: I am considering getting a cooling pad for the laptop because it seems like using one could bring the temperatures down even lower. Is this a good idea?

9. Bauble

Bauble Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have an Eluktronics MECH-17 G1R with the 9750H and the full 2070. The Panel model number is BOE07B6. For a detailed review of that exact panel, check this review: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Schen...7CP7S-Laptop-Review.414909.0.html#toc-display

I opted for the Liquid Ultra CPU and MasterGel GPU Thermal Compound upgrades, and have been happy with my temps. However, a cooling pad certainly wouldn't hurt anything.

10. Fallen Angel

Reputations:
    Thanks for the replies, everyone.