TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I’m pretty sure this has to do with amount of apps installed. Modern apps get migrated per upgrade. There’s a bug on this. I’m out right now but if you use WindirStat you’ll be able to notice a potential huge color blob or a lot of similarly colored ones. I believe I massively deleted them. But don’t do anything until you do research and of course backup Incase something happens.

Will update more when I get back to my computer.

God speed

Update: here some potential fixes
    https://appuals.com/error-0x80070003-when-updating-apps/
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s/28a222a4-f509-4cdc-a78b-9129d4987200?auth=1

The key part is some app is acting up. This can either be a quick reinstall of a small number of apps. Or if you go to where the apps are installed you'll notice a lot of folders of weirdly named apps (serial numbers) that are obviously a bug as you woulnd't have that many. I just massively deleted them. You can type in admin command window:

(BE VERY CAREFUL. THIS DELETES WITHOUT CONFIRMATION AND SKIP PUTTING FILES IN RECYCLE BIN)

"rmdir /s /q <name of app>.

If they have the same prefix that replace that with a "*" (without quotes) as such

"rmdir /s /q *-rest-of-name-that isn't shared" (without quotes).

Hope this helps. It did help me unblock my upgrade.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    LamsonMusic likes this.
  2. vegetaeater

vegetaeater Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Don't you need a specially cut wrap?

3. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Liquid metal?
    I always game in balanced mode, otherwise there is too much noise of the fans.
    I don’t need that much performance anyway.

undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  4. LamsonMusic

LamsonMusic Notebook Geek

Reputations:

So I used WindirStat for the first time and wasn't totally sure what I was looking for. Nothing seems terribly out of the ordinary. And I've tried some of those other fixes as well.

I've gone through and deleted multiple apps to try and isolate the one that could be the issue with no luck so far. Even deleted the contents of the Software Distribution folder to ensure that I wasn't working with a corrupt download.

I don't use this laptop for general computing so it has only gaming related software installed on it, not unlike most people on here would be using. If it were steam, epic games store etc I'm sure more people would be running into this.

5. undervolter0x0309

Reputations:
    Eesh, this is mainly the windows apps ones (sorry if I wasn't clear).

Check this directory: https://www.techmesto.com/windows-store-apps-installed-save-data/

6. LamsonMusic

Reputations:
    So I checked there as well and didn't see anything that looked out of the norm, maybe with the exception of the StudioWildCard folder for Ark Survival. I'm wondering what the ramifications would be if I removed the Microsoft apps listed in there. Knowing windows it will bork and get really angry with me. Thanks again for your insight, it is very much appreciated.

Capture.PNG

7. undervolter0x0309

Reputations:
    Does Windirstat show any folder being overly sized/bloated? It might be a corrupted read/write issue. Windows physically moves this files from Windows.old -> Windows during upgrade process. I think it tries to do it as safely (slow) as possible and then it hits a snag. I was hoping to find a lot of never seen apps but from the looks of it, everything looks good from the screenshot. Let me do some quick research and get back to you.

LamsonMusic likes this.
  8. LamsonMusic

Reputations:
    No folders look oversized. I have 70+ gigs free of the 128 gig SSD that the operating system is installed on. I'm trying the Windows media creation tool at the moment. I'll just create recovery media and do a reinstall of the OS if I have to. All of my games are installed on the second M.2 drive and 2.5 inch SSD anyway so reinstalling would still suck, but isn't the end of the world.

9. undervolter0x0309

Reputations:
    I'd say if you can, clear all your microsoft store apps. I think you can see a list of previously downloaded in the store apps.
    but first, try these:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...em-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93
    try upgrading
    then if that doesn't work run this too
    https://www.bing.com/search?q=diskd...86a9fbff3f67bd8e6e&&FORM=ANAB01&setLang=en-US

I'm avoiding the nuclear option. The third idea is to uninstall any exotic device from device manager. Any of these 3rd party dependencies could be blocking the upgrade. It could be as simple as a folder/file having corrupted user rights which blocks the update from moving it.

10. Bauble

Bauble Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    OWNorDisown just posted a very informative review of the MECH-17 with 2060 and Eluktroboost.

I love my MECH-17 with 2070 and Eluktroboost. I'm convinced they're the best RTX laptops on the market.

Installed64 likes this.