TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Where's that wrap from? That looks beautiful

2. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

I don't know, the benchmarks scores are excellent, so I presume I have a fast system :). The game is running fluent, without any problem.
    I suspect that the clevo was a bit better in cooling the CPU/GPU, fans where making less noise. But when I game, I hold back the CPU and GPU when I want to game more silent.

For reference:
    Clevo P970EF, i7-8750H, RTX2070mq, 16GB DDR4 2666MHz in dual channel (Kingstong HyperX CL15).
    Cinebench R15 --> CPU 1246, OpenGL 107,91fps
    Firestrike: Score 16520, 18814 Graphics score, 16862 Physics score and 8495 combined score

Tongfang GK7CP7S, i7-9750H, RTX2070, 16GB DDR4 2666MHz in dual channel (Kingstong HyperX CL15)
    Cinebench R15 --> CPU 1310, OpenGL 124,21fps
    Firestrike: Score 18386, 21670 Graphics score, 16921 Physics score and 9163 combined score
    The cinebench scores stays around 1300 in every consecutive run, pretty neat.

I pressume these are good scores for a non Eluktronics device, so without boost.

It took around 1,5-2 weeks, but only because I requested faster memory than was available from the site.

Attached Files:

3. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Those are some pretty solid numbers, ~5.5% increase in firestrike of a 8750h/2070 (mech 17 g1r), how are temps over long stress sessions?

I've always used 3M 1080 series wrap (matte white). Super easy work with and pliable. Word of warning once you start, you can get carried away... as you can see my g903 got the treatment too lol
    [​IMG]

undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  4. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Dayum, now I feel like I should wrap my G603

5. Master Stewie

Reputations:
    75-80ish degrees celcius on CPU and GPU. I have the graphit pads on both of them. Liquid metal would probably show better temps.

TrogloLite and Riktar like this.
  6. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    At least they make the 603 in white... for a hefty up-charge lol. The G903 doesn't get that option. The fact that the top simply slides out should make it literally the easiest wrap ever lol. The 903's sharp angles just added to the headache.

That's awesome. the ICDiamond pads? Did you install it yourself or did they come from the manufacturer? I opted for the liquid metal from Eluktronics but I'm not entirely sure if they do pads as well in the process.

7. Master Stewie

Reputations:
    No. i ordered the laptop with it installed.

8. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The wrap looks good and clean Hoping to get mine this week!! :)

9. Master Stewie

Reputations:
    I didn't spent that much time with the laptop but I like the build quality, It is put together very well, it doesn't make any rattling sound or cracks. The screen is pretty good, I didn't noticed any ghosting or whatsover. Performance is on point, Only thing to try is to undervolt the GPU, I'm not familiar with that. I prefer to sacrify some performance over noise, so if I loose performance I don't mind (maybe I had to take the RTX2060 or GTX1660ti :p).
    The disadvantage is the keyboard, I use a Dell Latitude ultrabook for work and I'm used to the keyboard which is pretty good (Not Lenovo level, but still). SO, I can't type very fast on the keyboard and that is probably my own fault, my finger placement isn't that great and you have to press the keys pretty much in the center to go down easily. But I will get used to it and the biggest advantage, the keys in the area you use for gaming stays very cool, with the Clevo it was on the edge of burning your fingers. If I have time I will compare with the Flir camera.
    Second small disadvantage is the produced sound, it is just not loud enough, there is no to little bass in the speakers, but it is a laptop.

It is no doubt, if you want to game at full capability, you need a headphone with noise cancellation, athough the produced fan noise isn't annoying.

10. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It is definitely worth it to learn how to properly undervolt your Gpu. Not only can you get more performance (since if it uses less Voltage = less watts, so can get higher clocks before power limit throttling) but also cooler temps and quieter fans. I have my 1660ti performing equal to an average overclocked DESKTOP 1660 ti ( here is undervolt from base 1.038 to just .925 at 2040 core and +800 memory with over 17.3k firestrike- https://www.3dmark.com/fs/19431470. I have fully stable 2100 core at .975 Volts with Heaven and Metro Exodus Benchmark, so can probably break 17.5k firestrike if i spend time testing higher clocks with my undervolt curve. However it usually power limit throttles at about .875 volts (= 90 watt ElukroBoosted limit) which i have at 1980mhz). However it can take some time to get your curve proper and test things for stability and the like. Here are two videos i used to get a grasp of things, but 80% of the heavy lifting i had to do and learn over hours on my own-

Regarding the sound, you have no choice but to download Soundblaster (link provided by ezradharma on page 99) https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9N66RLJRT8Z2. It makes things much louder, and allows you to further amplify the sound. My only issue with it is it seems to cause a POPPING sound here and there from the speakers. Didn't hear it when i uninstalled soundblaster and tested the speakers normally for a while (but the low volume without it is tough to bear), so just beware of that.

Depending on the game you may not need the fans to ramp up much. I'm playing the new Thea 2: The Shattering right now (not a demanding game at all relative to AAA games ofcourse) , and i have a profile for my Gpu to just .800 volts at fairly respectable over 1800 clocks (not that much below the 1935 max outa the box at 1.038 volts before undevolt/overclock), and with the cpu if you don't need it much (besides that u should try to reach near max fully stable undervolt. Mine has no issue with a radical undervolt of -250 core and -130 cache, and .111 to gpu+gpu unslice) you can temporarily downlock it (say by turning off turbo temporarily with throttlestop, so bringing it from 4+ghz constantly on all 6 cores, to 2.6ghz constantly. However instead of 18-45 watts being used, you go down to 13-30) which can cause Temps to go down more than double digits as well, and fans will automatically adjust down.