TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. hawk1410

hawk1410 Bird of Prey

Reputations:

I understand that the 144hz is more desirable for gaming and most would consider a 4k/1440p panel to be a downgrade thanks to the 60hz refresh rate but still would be nice to have an option for a better non gaming experience(ie multimedia and web browsing). This is not gonna be a work machine and I rarely ever game on work days(mostly the weekends, so its gonna be a web browsing machine for 5 days of the week, I only need the extra power on some weekends) and I'm okay with gaming at 1080p on a 4k display. This all just comes down to personal preference. And yes I'm definitely leaning towards the 17in model after going through this thread. That thing seems to be a total beast when it comes to performance. And the fact that it is the same price makes it much easier to chose as well. A little disappointed that they have the same sized battery as the 15in as one would think the larger chassis could possibly accommodate a bigger battery, but oh whatever this is gonna be a desktop replacement with some occasional use in the bed, so battery isn't that big of a concern, I've been using my Macbook Air for the last 2 years with a completely dead battery that couldn't hold a charge for longer than 30min so the Mech 17 will still be a decent upgrade over that. And you dont need to tell me about thermal performance on a Dell laptop, I'm experiencing it first hand on my XPS 15 lol.

Thanks for all your help, this place is as great a resource as always and this going through this thread has definitely made me feel a lot more comfortable going with a relatively newer boutique manufacturer and barebones chassis. I remember when the Sager/Clevo barebones were all the rage, looking into their newer(and disappointing) offerings is actually what brought me here cause it looks like they still haven't hopped on the thin and light train.

SlickDragon likes this.
  2. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thankfully, I got my company to order one for me :D
    I can't wait to get it!!!!!! (rtx 2070 + LM)
    If you have a chance, please try an RTX benchmark i wrote that's eye candy and RTX r&d (curious how good it runs on rtx 2060/2070). On my 1060gtx i'm getting 2fps
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!Atcg12dxTCCXgZ88lY0uTPBPTm0SEQ

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    SlickDragon likes this.
  3. hawk1410

hawk1410 Bird of Prey

Reputations:
    Another quick question how long does Eluktronics generally take to ship an order? I'm going to go with one of their bundles with no additional customizations except for the Liquid metal for the CPU and Master Gel for the GPU thermal paste upgrades

undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  4. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Great video comparing rtx 2070 desktop vs laptop:

5. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I ordered my bundle deal from newegg, and Eluktronics shipped it out literally the next day, and it was with Master Gel thermal upgrade. Got it within 3 business days. No complaints, and packaged excellently. With you going for LM it might take a day or two extra***, but i doubt it would take more than a week from the day you order it to get it, and likely sooner.
    Nice, your Eluktroboosted Rtx 2070 should be really powerful. Should even be able to get 60 fps on Metro Exodus with Rtx High. Speaking of benchmarks, that Metro Exodus one is what im using to gauge stability points on my Voltage Curve for certain clock thresholds. Then stable firestrike for extra confirmation. So been busy with benchmarks, but haven't done Rtx ones like Port Royal. 1660ti does okay with Ray Tracing relative to 10th gen (about gtx 1080 level), but ofcourse is no match for Rtx 2060 (and the only time 80watt non-Eluktronics Rtx 2060 laptops can beat it). My graphic card has exceeded all expectations, so it would be a bit of a bummer to see its one "weakness", the otherwise borderline irrelevant Rt features existent in just 3 games (only Exodus of which i'll try to play).

undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  6. Bauble

Bauble Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've had 2 shipping experiences with Eluktronics in the last 2 months so I feel overqualified to answer this, especially since I live in CA like you. (Just to confirm, there is no sales tax for CA residents.)

First I ordered a 8750h+2070+LM upgrade on a Sunday morning with the Free Economy shipping. It shipped 8 days later on a Monday. I think the liquid metal upgrade increases the build time. Then, it took exactly 1 full week to arrive in CA by UPS Ground, for a grand total of 15 days from when I ordered to when it arrived on my doorstep.

However, during that time the 9750 with Eluktroboost launched, and I was convinced the upgrade would be worth it. So Eluktronics let me return the original, no charge, and I put in an order for the 9750h+2070+LM upgrade. I called and asked about the difference between Free Economy Shipping and the $7.95 Ground Shipping option and was told that the difference is that they prioritize the build of the Ground Shipping orders over the Free Economy Shipping orders, but that they both end up shipping by UPS Ground. The second time I paid the $7.95 shipping charge.

It took exactly 8 days between when I ordered the 2nd laptop and the day it shipped. HOWEVER, I called Eluktronics on day 7 of the build time and they upgraded the shipping to 2-Day air FOR FREE because they admitted the build was taking longer than they'd hoped because of the giant Slickdeals rush a couple weeks ago. Thus, I received my laptop in CA exactly 10 days after pressing the order button on their website.

Seriously, the customer service is A++. The half dozen or so times I've called an actual, knowledgeable person picks up the phone and answers all my questions. This is my first time buying from a boutique, and I'm 100% satisfied so far. The laptop rocks, too! It is the most pleased I've been with a laptop purchase in my life.

7. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Bauble, so you have the version I have ordered, but I will have it withhout elektroboost as European citizen.

Hoe are the temps, fan noise and such? Also temps of keyboard are good to know. I believe your version consumes 10W more.

I’ve ordered 9750h with RTX2070 and 16Gb ddr4 2666MHz and 512Gb sata ssd. I will put a intel 660p 1Tb nvme ssd later on.

8. Bauble

Bauble Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The temps are amazing so far. Sadly, I don't own Far Cry 5, Metro Exodus, or Assassin's Creed Odyssey, which were mentioned earlier in this thread as the games to try to really push the limits, but of all the games and benchmarks I've run so far (see my earlier post), the highest I've seen the CPU ever get is 82C and the highest I've seen the GPU get is 75C. Those temps were with auto fans, which aren't very loud at all. I don't have a way to measure keyboard temps, but it hasn't been warm at all.

Undervolting the CPU in the BIOS to -.125 and using the auto-generated Core Clock curve of the MSI Overclocking Scanner in Afterburner, here are some recent benchmark results.

Fire Strike = 18112
    Fire Strike Graphics = 21524
    Fire Strike Physics = 17236
    Fire Strike Combined = 9014
    Final Fantasy 15 Benchmark High 1080p = 8866 (88.66fps)

I know Bob of All Trades said that the GPU Power was not being reported accurately in monitoring software, but HWiNFO64 reported that my 2070 was pulling 135.5 watts during that FF15 benchmark run. Thus, it's not surprising that my machine managed a whole 10.5fps more than the 78.1fps that NotebookCheck.net reports that a 2070 should be scoring, and I'm only 10.5fps behind what a full 2080 scores. I'm very pleased. :D

9. Goodhammer

Goodhammer Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello all

I am going to buy one of these machines! with the i7-9750h and RTX 2070.
    I am in the UK so it's a choice between PCS, Chiliblast, Cyberpowerpc or XMG (Germany) - I am thinking Chillblast

https://www.chillblast.com/chillblast-phantom-17-rtx-gaming-laptop.html

As this seems to be the only one which has a G-Sync screen - it is more expensive, but I don't really care lol.
    Am I right in thinking it's better to have G-Sync? or am I just wasting money.
    Also with regards to RAM I saw earlier in this thread you can unlock the speed to 2666hz - does this require the Hyper-X RAM with Intel XMP or can this be done with any make of RAM?
    Thanks in advance

10. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    G-sync would bypss the iGPU and will boost performance.

Ram is I believe with XTU or manual setting in bios.