TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thank God this laptop is such a pleasure and mack that cinebench r15 1278 (had to increase undervolt to -208 mV for stability). Fan mode is gaming
    upload_2018-12-27_13-50-31.png

Installed64 and raz8020 like this.
  2. Groundhog0

Groundhog0 Newbie

Reputations:
    Had a little scare and thought the "w" key was wonkey.

It wasn't consistently working if you hit the top half of the key. If you forcibly hit it that part it would
    or all the time hitting any other part of the key. But not with that part when using the same force as used on the other keys.

I don't think I've been eating around it, but I took a hand vac and ran it over all the keys.
    It worked!!!!

I went through 2 MS wireless keyboards where I disassembled them to clean the membranes off.
    I don't use MS wireless keyboards anymore. My history with them gave me the idea to vac.

So, if you run across something similar, maybe a vacuum will do the trick.
    The last thing I wanted to do was pry the key cap off.

3. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I’m having what sounds like a similar issue with the left shift key. Playing PUBG when I go to sprint the key either registers or doesn’t all the time. Occasionally it will like stop registering and I won’t be running anymore. No other key has issues and it doesn’t seem to have issue outside of the game or at least I haven’t noticed it. Any ideas?

@undervolter0x0309 nice! What is your VID showing under load with that undervolt. Can you also test Cinebench in real-time priority with that undervolt and see if you have any crashing issues? I’m finding if I undervolt at all and run real time the system will reboot. It’s very odd.

Had the laptop about 12 hours and it’s got a lot of quirks to say the least. The software is absolutely wonky and annoying.

The screen is excellent Though. Speakers seemed fine after I found the sound blaster software hidden away.

undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  4. cavell219

cavell219 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I noticed this also. I am returning my 15 today. I ordered both the 15 and 17, the 17 is much more quiet during normal use as well as gaming and thermals are much better even after a repaste of the 15. I have not opened up the 17 yet as I haven't needed to, thermals are good on mine never above 71 in Fortnite on epic to high settings uncapped framerate. Still will probably repaste here soon as I am a sucker for tinkering..

Talon and Installed64 like this.
  5. cavell219

cavell219 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @Talon
    Hey man long time no see, use to see you alot in the 16L13 thread, kinda wish I never sold that guy to go to desktops. Was a beast of a laptop but the price on this OP was too hard to pass up to come back to laptops.

Talon likes this.
  6. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    For anyone still wondering about details on the 17" panel.

Attached Files:

7. Groundhog0

Groundhog0 Newbie

Reputations:
    Afraid not, all the keys seem to do what they are supposed to do when they are supposed to do it.
    For me, whatever that was blocking the "w" from fully working when pressed at the top was fixed with a vacuum.
    I imagine it was a teeny tiny piece of something jamming the key at only 1 pressure point. Hit it hard on the top of the key
    and it would work. Hit it light and maybe it would work. Hit it light anywhere else on the key and it would work.
    I'm not sure I would be keeping it if that didn't work.

As I stated 2 Microsoft wireless keyboards failed on me. Both were membranes and I took them apart multiple times.
    Dust, food crumbs + grease. Dumped them both when taking apart and putting them back together didn't work anymore.
    I know these keys are "Mechanical" but there's still the ability for something to get in the way.
    I've never owned a Mac laptop and didn't want to have something similar to their keyboard issues.

I think I'm going to get a gaming off-brand keyboard and mouse for this thing to be on the safe side though.
    I'd consider those items consumables.
    Beat the snot out of a USB gaming keyboard and mouse and just buy a replacement if one breaks.
    Leave the laptops keyboard as pristine as possible.
    As much as I like this thing, it really is an unknown. Not all mechanical key mechanisms are built the same.

8. Nitroturtle

Nitroturtle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just wanted to mention, that it's extremely easy to pop the key caps off and back on. They just have 4 press tabs that hold them into the switch. If you can get your fingernail (or a spudger) under the edge, they pop right off. The key can be reattached just by lining it up and pressing down firmly.

Groundhog0 likes this.
  9. seahawk10

seahawk10 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Can you tell me where to find this? I see a Sound Blaster AP Driver folder but running the SPKEQ_TF_PCAPP_US_1_00_17.exe inside there doesn't install the SOubndblaster software I was hoping/expecting.

Talon likes this.
  10. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Hey brother, I still have my 16LI3 laptop actually with an 8700K and TDP modded 1070 with 120hz 3ms panel. It's a total beast laptop no doubt and doesn't suffer from this performance loss I am experience with Opitmus BS. I hate Optimus. That said, I love my desktop 9900K and 2080 Ti. I wanted something a tad more portable than the Tornado F5 for the road with a 17" screen. This BGA turdbook at $999 was just too good to pass up for a trial. So far I actually like it, but the keyboard issue I am experiencing needs to be resolved. I hope I don't have to return it or order a second laptop. Overall the thermals and performance for the price are on point, and the keyboard itself isn't bad. I can look past weird software issues but a keyboard that isn't 100% functional isn't something I can look past. I am hoping a clean install of Windows may fix the issue.

cavell219 likes this.