TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. B0B

B0B Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The “maxP” 2060 aka Eluktroboost edges out the 2070mq lol.

RTX biggest flaw is that they’re power hogs.

I spoke of the potential issues with this and how much variation we’d see because of it mid January.

2. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've thankfully been getting some playable RTX experience (minus resolution). Recorded at lower resolution unfortunately:

I get 50-60fps when not recording

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Installed64 and SlickDragon like this.
  3. Eluktronics

Eluktronics Company Representative

Reputations:
    Sorry to say XMP is not a feature we have any plans to implement. It is so easy to cause system instability. In some cases, the system would then need to be sent back to swap the BIOS ROM which we don't want to be an experience for our customers or ourselves. Also, I'm sure this is a debatable topic, but we found almost no improvements in gaming performance with higher frequency RAM. All of our chips we use for our RAM are actual 2666MHz rather than the typical 2400MHz chips that are tested for OC.

4. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Doubting to take the RTX2060 or RTX2070. The RTX2070 consumes much more power, how does that express itself in sound from the fans?
    I prefer a more quiet machine than the extra power if the difference is huge.

5. Bruno@INPHTECH

Bruno@INPHTECH Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

Sorry for behing more off, it's easy to set the mems at 2666mhz, we do it on our TongFang laptops, it makes a bit difference in performance and they are 100% stable.

Basically you just have to use Intel XTU to activate the XMP profile on the mems, save, reboot and that's it ;)
    Then you can check with cpuz :)
    It's also possible to change in the BIOS, but that's the hard way and more risky.

Pedro75, Installed64, Riktar and 3 others like this.
  6. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Holy Crap, this actually worked.. And not only was i able to get it to 2666, it actually went to the FULL 2800 mhz... I am shook. Here is proof... What the hell [​IMG]
    Now i regret putting as basically my only "Con" in my newegg review (obviously 5/5 rating) that there is no Xmp or memory options... This is madness. Umm, should i go back to my measley 2400 mhz? Is so much power really possible? I just hope this doesn't require intel xtu to be used any further, since i have read that it interferes with throttlestop, and that is my go to for undervolts and other cpu optimization..

TrogloLite and Installed64 like this.
  7. B0B

B0B Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Test to see if there’s a minimum frame rate increase :)

SlickDragon likes this.
  8. Bruno@INPHTECH

Bruno@INPHTECH Company Representative

Reputations:
    You then can turn off XTU and the XMP profile remains saved and stay active ;)
    Only if you do a restore setup defaults in the BIOS will turn it off and you need to repeat the process :)

9. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You mean test some games to see if there is a min frame difference of 2400mhz (with cl 17 timings) versus my 2800 mhz (with cl 18 timings)? Don't really have modern games installed to do that test at this time, but won't rule it out in the coming days. For now i've done some cinebench 15 tests. Previously i was getting high 1260's, with 1269 max, now i was able to get high 1270's with the faster ram, so i feel like there was about a 10 point difference.
    Here is 1279, finally equaling the top generic score on c15, this with a whopping -200.2 core undervolt, and -130.9 cpu cache undervolt - [​IMG]
    Somehow i was able to undervolt this Prodigal i7- 9750h the Full -250 for Cpu Core with Cpu Cach still at -130.9, as well as Intel Gpu -99.6 and iGpu Unslice -99.6 :[​IMG]
    Getting rid of Hwinfo64 i was able to get my top score of 1280 in Cinebench 15 with those settings-[​IMG]
    I'd imagine getting rid of more baggage would help me reach the elusive 1300+ range, now that my memory isn't bottlenecking me anymore. Still im more than happy with my Cpu (and everything)
    Worked exactly as you said, was able to uninstall the actually pretty useful Xtu, and still maintain my boosted ram!! Thanks for the amazing tip, Repped!

10. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is groundbreaking stuff! I wonder if it can run even faster clock speeds...

If you want a truly maximum Cinebench score, you can actually set the task priority to high or realtime. Ctrl+Alt+Del / Details / right click Cinebench / Set priority. I did 1305 in Cinebench R15 with my 8750h.