TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    haha, i'm glad it only took us 12 years to be able to run crysis! Awesome temps on the benchmarks but i'd suggest you try to run far cry 5 / assassin's creed /Metro, those usually push it to the mid 70's. :D
    looking at the firestrike numbers and there is 4.9%% increase for the physics, which is to be expected, but overall score is within the noise really (about 100-200 pts)

Kudos to @Eluktronics, i'm throroughly impressed with what they were able to cram in this form factor, especially considering that several of the mainstream brands have been struggling... and their peripherals are kinda bad ass too lol

undervolter0x0309 and TrogloLite like this.
  2. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Bauble

Wow, this is without undervolt? Or is it undervolted out of the box?
    The scores are really nice. I will probably order one also, without the GPU boost, but it is nive already.

3. TrogloLite

TrogloLite Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Why forgo the free GPU boost....and, with the 9750h and an RTX, is it really possible to stop it from boosting, when using "Gaming Mode"?

4. TrogloLite

TrogloLite Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sure am, here!

5. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The RTX always boosts into power limit, but standard this is 115W and for the Mech-17 it will be125W.
    In Europe we can't have the Mech-17, it would be to expensive to import.

The normal version should be slightly cooler, so I don't realy mind. It will be fast enough.

TrogloLite and Installed64 like this.
  6. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @SlickDragon Soo i installed the driver for soundblaster connect on the software on my mech 17 and it's still giving me the "audio device cannot be detected" how did you get it to work.

Also i noticed that your gaming center looks different than mine, did you have to download one or did it come pre-installed?

7. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you have "audio device cannot be detected", you're going to have to hunt for the correct Realtek driver that SB5 will work with, for some users it's the one their vendor has, for some users it's whatever is that published by Realtek's download page. SB5 downloaded from the Windows Store is the only official copy of SB5 that can update, some vendors sideload it like an unsigned app which doesn't allow updates. Some vendors require Powershell to install, some it's legit only 2 drivers to download. Confused how vendors been coming up with solutions. Mechrevo's is by-far the most sketch method.

8. ezradharma

Reputations:
    Explains why their BIOS is private. Hopefully NVIDIA doesn't try and prevent it from working through drivers or firmware.

SlickDragon and TrogloLite like this.
  9. ezradharma

Reputations:
  10. Bauble

Bauble Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The above quotes answer your question, Riktar. Gaming Center looks different on the 1660 and the 2070. The 1660Ti has 3 modes (Office, Game, Turbo), the 2070 has 2 modes (Office, Game). I was confused about this as well.

However, rest assured that with in Game Mode (and with a 9750 CPU) a 2070 will boost to ~125w when needed. Office Mode caps the 2070 GPU to ~115w and the CPU to ~35w.