TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for confirming on the #luktroboost working! Maybe a restart or two allows the readings to show? Or it kicks in gpu utilization of gpu is high, as it would be an unecessary waste of whatever you're running isn't maxing out your grapihcs. Another hypothesis is nvidia settings or windows settings keep the hardware capped (balanced mode?). Would be cool to figure this out in order to have consistent performance.

2. gunfighterAK

gunfighterAK Newbie

Reputations:
    I got the 17 mech g1r with 9750h and full 2070. I can get some basic stock benchmarks on if anyone is interested

3. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    By all means! Actually, you’d better send it to me so I can test it myself. :p

4. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I came from a omen x laptop with clicky blues and my wife absolutely hated it! This time around I opted to go with the brown switches and I haven't heard a peep yet.You get the proper engagement and tactile feel of a mechanical keyboard without the chatter. Regarding gaming, i'd opt for the 2060.

5. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Would love to see how the 8th gen stacks up. I think with mild settings, they hover right around 17.3-17.5k on firestrike (~20.5k graphic, 16.3k physics)

undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  6. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Cinebench r15 and r20 please. Also it would be nice to get some FPS numbers from Battlefield V (RTX ON) and other top games if you can.
    Firestrike, Port Royal also :)

TrogloLite likes this.
  7. B0B

B0B Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The biggest “issue” people are going to have with Eluktroboost is verifying the wattage. There’s a gray area here with Nvidia as they do NOT want this to be modified. Therefore things are not what they seem. The performance is there and can be shown in real-time as you’ll soon see in my review.

Check their website now regarding Eluktroboost information.

I fear if I say too much this feature could easily be taken away.

8. Bauble

Bauble Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am definitely looking forward to your review, Bob. Any tweaking advice you can throw into the review would be appreciated, too, as I just unboxed my own Mech-17 with the 9750 and full 2070 yesterday. I love the perfectly clean install, no stickers anywhere, and it's running great so far. I'll be running tests and benchmarks all day today.

The moment I read that the CEO of Eluktronics worked directly with Tongfang in modifying the motherboard for Eluktroboost, I knew it was going to be something special.

9. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, that's the point of the larger battery. You sacrifice the 2.5inch bay for the extra capacity. Here's a link to BobOfAllTrades video on how to install it:

It's for the 15inch version but it's pretty much identical to the 17inch so it's fine :)
    Even then, you don't have to remove the sata connector completely. Some people have just shoved it under the M.2 SSDs :p

Steerty and TrogloLite like this.
  10. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't know the exact details yet, but i've been told by reliable sources that 3rd party tools like HWinfo64 are not getting the exact power draw right here. The official Nvidia max specification for 1660ti laptop gpu is 80 watts, so anything above that seemingly can't be displayed or publicly touted, but it is working as intended. It's actually easy to prove and i did it myself a few pages back, when i did a stock firestrike run at gaming mode and got a 14780 graphics score. With TurboMode and the exact same settings i got a 15590 graphics score, so over a 5% increase. The only explanation for that would be the extra power draw that TurboMode drew, and that is about the % of performance increase one can expect with it. With the Rtx 2060 the boost should be the most significant, very likely upwards of 10-15%. Hopefully we can get someone with the 2060 and eluktroboost to do some tests to confirm it.

Yes what B0B is saying seems to be correct. Who cares what the wattage displays at, all that matters is the hefty performance boost that one gains with EluktroBoost. The wording on it has been changed on the website, but we know exactly what its doing - [​IMG]
    Undoubtedly B0B's review will showcase the differences in undeniable fashion. Eagerly awaiting it!

Last edited: May 10, 2019