Tongfang GK5NR-O, GK7NP-R (Ryzen 4000 mobile)

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by genexis_x, May 7, 2020.

1. Omar60

Omar60 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wondering if adaptive sync is supported (like in the TUF A15/A17) :rolleyes:

2. invertedsilence

invertedsilence Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    would a corsair MP600 fit in this chasis with the heatsink? I know it won't reach its potential but I have one lying around.

3. Ed. Yang

Ed. Yang Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2020
    invertedsilence and ChrisHW like this.
  4. AyoMayo

AyoMayo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm holding out for one of these with the next-gen nvidia/amd cards. Hope the nosecam is gone for that model and freesync makes its appearance.

5. boggi

boggi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am interested in purchasing the 15,6 inch Tongfang GK5NR-O. Is here any person who already owns it?
    If so, I have a question about fan noise:
    Are the fans only noisy during gaming and heavy load (which is quite normal for gaming laptops, so no problems here for me) or also in idle/websurfing/office and watching youtube, etc., or are they sometimes completely silent in Office mod?
    Would be splendid hearing from anyone about this concern!

6. Ed. Yang

Reputations:
    Yeah Man!!! Make it all RED!!! RX5600m is fine at the moment, RX5700m should be good...Next yr?

7. B0B

B0B B.O.A.T.

Reputations:
    I’m interested in the 50w 5600m with HBM Apple gets to use on their MBP. Bummer that can’t get pushed over to Windows.

Give me that with a 4800h inside a Mech G3, Matrix RP or whatever really.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  8. Ed. Yang

Reputations:
    :rolleyes: Well... it's an "exclusive deal" with Apple, isn't it considerable as one? Like Ryzen4K-HS with Asus, except that not comes with a limited period?:D

9. Brixxlnator

Brixxlnator Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello all,

I own of these bad boys now, the GK5NR0O.

While I am generally happy with the device, I am not really happy with the Turbo behaviour of the Ryzen 7 4800H.
    It is either 60°C and pretty low on noise with the disabled turbo (via registry edit) or it is 95°C and boost all the way nonstop with loud fans. There seems to be no middle ground.

I also tried the different PPC states in the BIOS (I have a device from Fortune, which has a pretty limited BIOS) - but they seem to change absolutely nothing.

The windows slider layered on top of the energy profil (I can only select balanced anyway) is set to the middle ground "better performance".

Also the different turbo modes in the Windows settings such as "High - efficient" etc. seem to have no effect and also keep the turbo disabled.

I am not really scared of 95°C but the noise level seems unnecessary. Currently, disabled Turbo is enough for my gaming needs, but then it is locked to 2,9GHz instead of 4,3GHz max.

Has anyone found any tweaks to achieve "middle ground"? Currently it feels like the whole operation regarding the CPU is simply digital, either its not turbo-boosting or it is boosting to the max... :(

10. taraquin

taraquin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Tried Ryzen controller? You can set tdp, temp-limit etc, that should give you middle ground.

build6 and Brixxlnator like this.