TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. LeoniePhiline

LeoniePhiline Newbie

Reputations:
  2. 1iwilly1

1iwilly1 Newbie

Reputations:
    I fixed my keyboard issue with the
    The issue was the keyboard backlighting and functionality would stop out of nowhere. This would also cause a BSOD or the laptop would register all the keys being pressed at the same time, essentially locking you out of using the keyboard. To solve this initially I would unplug the battery from the motherboard and that worked for awhile, then I tried unplugged and replugging the keyboard cable into the motherboard. These would on work for a time. Other's on this forum mentioned that they replaced their keyboard cable so that's what I set off to do.

I bought:
    40 Pins 0.5mm Pitch 150mm FPC FFC Flexible Ribbon Cable for LCD TV Car Audio DVD Player Laptop 6Pcs (A Type)
    as well as a new precision screwdriver set because the screws in this laptop are prone to stripping

I followed a few youtube videos below:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1VC4y1W7GR

I ended up removing the heatsink, battery, and motherboard in order to get to the keyboard ribbon cable. Looking back removing the battery wasn't necessary.

Anyway, I hope this helps anyone having similar issues with their keyboard. I'll update this if anymore issues arise.

3. discostu0

discostu0 Newbie

Reputations:
    This is going to be a longshot but does anyone have a PDF of the user manual for the OP LP2? I need it to get reimbursed for insurance purposes. I found the LP3 manual but I'm hoping to get the exact one. Thanks.

4. rutabagus

rutabagus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    UPDATE: My screen randomly started working at full brightness today with no flickering. I have no clue how it fixed itself but I'm crossing my fingers it holds.

5. rutabagus

rutabagus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    FYI to anyone still listening:

Windows 11 has been running flawlessly on my LP2 with 8750 and 1060.

Limiting to 2.8ghz and undervolting in throttle stop has made this computer MUCH more pleasant to use. The fans rarely kick on and they are relatively quiet even gaming.

Now that the flickering fixed itself, I will NEVER be removing the power cord while the computer is running again. That was a nightmare.

6. shootehone

shootehone Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks! Been considering updating to Windows 11 but hesitating. Any issues at all? Graphics card? Drivers?

Please report back in a few days

7. partyMcFly

partyMcFly Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey all, see my previous posts pg. 507/8 and before.

I never got around to selling my parts, I just put the stuff in the closet and today when I was cleaning out my closet, I found this dust bucket.

I completely tore it down to the studs, put it all back together piece by piece, perfectly, and what do you know..... Same problem still existed.....

8. partyMcFly

partyMcFly Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    http://ebay.us/5qCW80?cmpnId=5338273189

Postings of parts if you want to buy in the USA. Happy to ship to someone on here if you don't want to use ebay.

Starting bid at $75
    Buy now at $250

Includes: Keyboard case, screen, motherboard (needs testing, might have damage from heat sink removal), all boards (wifi, usb, other etc), 16gb ram x2, 4gb ram x2 (from iMac2015), big battery, small stock battery, charger and charger cord, fans x2, and all ribbon cables.

Does NOT includes: HD, SSD, Heatsinks / pipes, working os/computer does not work as is.