TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. zeebo56

zeebo56 Newbie

Reputations:
    im having the same issue as other people where it won't power on. when I plug it into the wall it shows charging but the light just blinks off when i try to power on, then light comes back on to charging. any fix for this?

2. rutabagus

rutabagus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I played around with it for half an hour with no luck. When I started I was able to get a stable image at 8% brightness but now I can no longer go above 5% without flickering….

Are there really no other solutions? I searched this thread for ages and found no other potential fixes.

Does anyone know how much it would cost for Overpowered to fix it now that it’s out of warranty?

Thanks!

3. shtooka

shtooka Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Generally, there are need to replace some $1 DC-DC chip and it must help, but idk have you that type service around you or motherboard replacers only.

Or just buy an external monitor, if you don't need portability.

4. billycuth

billycuth Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Has anyone figured out a source for parts? My son's Walmart OP 15+ with the i7 had some kind of issue that caused the battery to just about explode inside the case. I guess from the heat. As others have recently mentioned, it will turn on but then shuts off and there's a lot of coil whine. Wondering if the motherboard needs to be replaced. Hate to give up on it and throw it out, but it's not functioning and out of warranty.

5. abushwookie

abushwookie Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone have a Throttlestop 9.4 "performance profile" they could share for op 15 8750h/1060?

Updated from 8.7 and dont know/understand some of the settings that were changed, leading to me unable to replicate similar performance I was getting (constant 3.9mhz, under 90c, no bsod/stable, cb15 1250+)

I'm encountering constant yellow "EDP other" on cpu, gpu, and ring on idle, inconsistent clock speeds and flashes to red edp other while under load (bench test, heavy gaming).

At a lost as I have tried my previous settings and tried some of the old ones posted here to no avail.

6. Trevayne10

Trevayne10 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Hi, abushwookie:

This likely won't be much help to you, but here goes anyway -

Don't know about TStop 9.4 ... i'm running 9.3, and for the past year or so i've locked my OP-LP2's i7-8750h CPU to 2.8 GHz max across all cores and called it a day.

I don't play around with max performance profiles anymore, cuz a couple years ago it benchmarked incredibly well on Cinebench R20, Geekbench 5, etc. when undervolted w/TStop at -1.25 mV core & cache, with very manageable max temps. Even set a couple of records.

Then sanity and a dose of realism set in.

Nowadays it runs all my games just fine at 2.8GHz on all cores, nice and cool - no CPU core ever goes above 72°C, GPU never goes above 68°C. It gets perfectly acceptable frame rates on the GTX-1060 GPU (1920x1080).

- Trev

7. low0915

low0915 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, i was playing game for about 30minutes then the whole laptop froze, so i have no choice but to force shutdown (no bluescreen either).
    Then i reboot up my laptop and found that my GPU is having code 43 error...
    I tried DDU, reinstall old driver and clean install Windows but it still gives me code 43...
    What should I do? Does that means my gpu or the vram is broken?

Laptop: GK5CN6Z i7-8750H GTX1060

8. Trevayne10

Reputations:
    Hi low0915 -

I've never seen that error on my laptop (same one as yours), but after doing a little checking on the web, I found that error could be due to the GTX-1060 GPU overheating. Try blowing any dust out of the laptop, especially around the 2 fan intake and exhaust ports, with a can of compressed air. There are 2 fans, one on each side of of the laptop, at the rear corners. Might be worth a shot. If the error persists, try unscrewing the base of your laptop and really give the insides a thorough cleaning with compressed air.

https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-error-code-43-video-card/

Hope this helps!

- Trev

9. low0915

low0915 Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm always aware of the dust and cleaning it times to times.
    Also done repasting and blowing dust with heatsink taken off after the problem occurred. Still cant fix it. I'm assuming my gpu or vram is dead.
    Sometime the whole laptop crashed/freezed when i try to re-enable gpu in the device manager.

10. Trevayne10

Reputations:
    Sorry to hear - that's what I was dreading, but didn't want to mention. Of course, you can still get by with the integrated intel UHD 630 graphics, which is still good enough for streaming full HD video, and even some light gaming.

- Trev