TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Op25705994

Op25705994 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No reply so far so I called today. They have now created a new technical dept and I spoke to someone new. The CSR said I will be emailed back in 2 days .. but also couldn't confirm if their warehouse had recieved new shipments.

ChiFlipNurd312 likes this.
  2. darksurtur

darksurtur Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just got off the phone with Overpowered. My unit is not repairable, so I'll be getting a replacement. They said they expect it to ship out the week of Jan. 25. I'm not holding my breath.

ChiFlipNurd312 and Op25705994 like this.
  3. ChiFlipNurd312

ChiFlipNurd312 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So "good news" (if they actually pull through), I called and after only about over an hour and a half long hold, the rep "called the warehouse" and confirmed that the unit they are sending is an EVOO LP-5.

So not a 2060 but if I receive a working laptop then I can be done with this crap lol. I asked about tracking numbers and he said 2-3 days for a tracking number to be sent, so I am expecting a random box to show up at my door instead. That's based on other peoples experiences on the EVOO reddit. 2 months of waiting... I will post an up date if I get a tracking number or a random laptop in the mail.. Good luck my dudes or dudettes, home stretch!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021 at 6:25 PM
    Op25705994 likes this.
  4. Op25705994

Reputations:
    Yea.. at this point I would rather have something. I do/still wish its a 2060 though. The CSR that I spoke with said something about R series ? ..maybe I misheard. Hopefully i too can will recieve a definite answer in the next few days.

5. ChiFlipNurd312

Reputations:
    So I got a tracking number, but not from support. (I never received a call or email as usual, and never expect one. tbh.)

Looks like they are using FedEx, and you have to sign up for a free fedex.com account if they haven't given you a tracking number otherwise. It lets you see if anyone is shipping something to your address and you can keep stuff on a watch list to track. This was a day after they told me it would ship in 2-3 days, so first time they did something they said they would. Scheduled to ship today and get here by the 1/18.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021 at 6:17 PM
    Op25705994 likes this.
  6. Op25705994

Reputations:
    I am glad your issue was solved. I will try to give them a call tommorow and see if they have an update for me as well. Do let us know how this model compares to the OP one.

7. darksurtur

Reputations:
    Will you post when your actually have some tracking movement, not just a number? That would confirm that they have replacement laptops in hand, which would mean that presumably those of us waiting for replacements should be getting some updates soon ...

ChiFlipNurd312 and Op25705994 like this.
  8. ChiFlipNurd312

Reputations:
    Well, it ain't solved till I can test it lol. But true, thanks man. I hope everyone gets a fair and acceptable outcome. You know, gaming laptops with working backlights lol

My gripe is that the LP-5 only has a 512GB SSD vs the 1TB HD/128GB SSD with my previous one. I am scared to argue that, but I will wait until this one comes in to debate whether another 2 month wait is worth the argument lol. The positive is that its a 9th gen that's can still be undervolted where I heard someone say the 10th gen can't unless I have bad info.

The only information that was updated today was the it was "picked up" in Anaheim , CA. The tracking info says it is indeed an EG-LP5-BK which is the one the rep said they were sending out.

But of course, I will try and keep you guys in the loop on my laptops cross country road trip.

Op25705994 likes this.
  9. darksurtur

Reputations:
    Picked up means the package is in FedEx hands. So that means that actually shipped you a new laptop. Hope for those waiting for replacement stock.

10. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    what are the specs on that model? I will also try to give them a call tomorrow, but have not heard anything back from them yet. Is that the one with the 9750h and 1660ti? Still would be an upgrade over ours if that's the case, but hoping it is not the one with a 1650!

Hopefully we all get some good news soon!

EDIT: Also, the 512 GB SSD should be an upgrade over the 128 GB SSD/1tb HDD. We can easily add an extra 1tb 5400 rpm HDD for really cheap.

Op25705994 and ChiFlipNurd312 like this.