TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. em0ney14

em0ney14 Notebook Guru

Reputations:

8750h / 1060 6gb model, purchased through Walmart.... The Walmart customer service just bounced me around, then I had one tell me to contact OverPowered support, which I did via email. Took 24 hours for a response after each email, but they did give me a return under warrenty / repair / replace order number, and I was going to reset Windows and send it the next morning.... When I got up and turned my laptop on that following morning (almost a week since the problem started), the laptop fired up and was running like nothing happened and I could not replicate the issue with the flickering screen any more, even while on battery power.

I even attempted to run a few games and pull the power plug so it would switch to battery while the gpu was under load, which normally hard shuts down the laptop (like what caused the issue while I was gaming before... I don't know if there was a power spike in my area or if the laptop just overheated and completely shut off, but that's when the problem happened).

I have still not had the screen flickering reoccur, and when I told the OverPowered support that the problem doesn't happen anymore and I have no idea how to replicate the issue for them to even diagnose it, I was told to give it a week or two and see. So far I haven't had any issue.

I did save all the email messages with timestamps just incase the issue does happen again outside of warranty just to show that the problem happened within the time of coverage.

If the problem happens to me again, you'll definitely see me back in here in the forums.... Been spending a lot of time helping my dad with his new MSI Creator, trying to get the 10875h / 2080 super to perform better than his Sager 8700k / 1060 with rendering videos... so far the Sager has been outperforming the new MSI. Such a headache.

2. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey guys. I know this is the thread for the GK5 but im sure it should apply to the GK7 as well.

Has anyone run a different command center on their machine? Eg Eluktronics Controk Center on say a OP? I'm planning on using that on my machine from Illegear in Malaysia

3. stesteste

stesteste Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Maybe that’s why, I travelled a lot with the laptop in my backpack.
    Touching the rear panel looks like its weak in the center area over the keyboard cable, it can be pushed in quite easily. The inner side of the panel has “grid” that should give stiffness to the panel but seems to damage the cable when pushed on it, I made some pictures where eventually you can see grid’s marks on the cable itself.
    Now I mounted another one of the 5 cables lot I bought on AliExpress and placed a smooth piece of plastic over the grid inside the panel, it will reduce the gap between the battery and the panel but should be a smooth contact area for the cable and hopefully don’t damage it again. Let’s see. 6638145E-41AC-4FA3-92DC-FF5F40A6CF05.jpeg A1613F08-3644-4882-89FF-C038A0077C34.jpeg E6E15884-BD09-4EE0-BC9B-BFB93F6EC6AC.jpeg ED00AD34-17F4-4EDC-BDDC-3FAC7A963D5F.jpeg

clone1008 likes this.
  4. shtooka

shtooka Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yup. Im using CC from mech G3 on my GK5CN6Z OP. All is good and working, except autoturnoff keyboard backlight by timer. But i dont remember that function on original soft.

5. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Awesome thanks a ton. Elucktronics' one allows for fan curve creation right?

XMG has their Project Aurora being worked on for keyboard backlighting so i was quite interested in that.

6. terrorific

terrorific Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Issues with using the plugged in mic? how do you use your mic? have you faced any issues?

7. xantrk

xantrk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I also recommend checking out Monster's. It has all the features I have seen in different versions of CC, higher version number and no bugs yet. Also custom fan curve is there, and auto turnoff etc works.

Webpage:https://www.monsternotebook.com.tr/t7_v19-4/

Direct: http://www.monstersdriver.com/drivers/tulpar/T7_V19-3/GamingCenter.rar

Which also has aurora switch built-in:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  8. shtooka

shtooka Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    On my lap i cant. It depends from bios settings, some laptops can, like max-15 max-17, i saw on youtube reviews. In office mode i have 45-55w TDP and fans working only from 67*C, thats very good for me and i dont need to change anything. I have only 1 irritating bug, but its applicable to all gk5cn6z - fans percentage based on GPU temperature and if i quickly closing GPU-loading app, percentage will stuck on 30 or 50%, because EC cant read GPU temperature and i need to wake GPU through nvidia control panel if i want silence. Or combination LCtrl+LShift+Win+B to make some hw GPU reset. And this doesnt happen if you using external monitor as GPU not fully sleeping.

9. TezeeMezz

TezeeMezz Newbie

Reputations:
    Just to advise on screen flickering issues. I've had the same issue on my GK5CP0Z (I7-8750H+RTX2060) and since completing a reinstall of Windows after removing everything but 1 stick of RAM and an SSD the issue hasn't returned(even after booting up my original SSD with the original install of Windows).

It's been fine for over 2 months now and has been running for at least a few hours everyday.

Suspect it's some kind of BIOS bug.

10. eazymizi

eazymizi Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    My laptop ( OP LP-2 8750h gtx 1060 ) Isn’t turning on at all,
    When plugged in, the battery light blink smoothly and whatever not turning on.
    When not plugged in, No lights at all and not turning on.
    I unplugged and replugged the battery and still no hope.
    it’s only 1 year old and my main device,
    Any help please ?