TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. RealBACONATOR2

RealBACONATOR2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What GPU do you have?

2. RealBACONATOR2

RealBACONATOR2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just got off the phone with Eluktronics. They've seen the flickering display issue in all their Mech-15 G2 computers with the i7-8750H cpu and chipset. Apparently replacing it with the i7-9750H motherboard solves the issue.

Maybe it was a heat issue that burnt out the chip, or maybe it wasn't. I'm just looking forward to the free cpu upgrade and hopefully an end to this frustrating saga. I really like this computer otherwise! Haha.

3. Chika-chan

Chika-chan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i have the GK5CN6Z and after a year and a half the temperatures are insufferable, playing the cpu and gpu are at maximum temperature at the top and above the gpu lowering the frequency to 800Mhz making it impossible to play, I have changed the thermal paste several times and nothing (mx-4) and I do not know what to do ... also the heatsink screws are being passed, where can I buy some in Europe?

4. shtooka

shtooka Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Try to remove a film between coolers and place where is exhaust begins, i bet there is jamming dust and hairs, so air cant go through, but you need to glue back them, or will be foreign noise and wrong air stream because they must be isolated, mine is broked, i just do like it was with insulating tape. You can buy screws on aliexpress, thats m2x3 if im not wrong, better to buy a set with all variations. Or somewhere on amazon.

5. TheTaxCollector

TheTaxCollector Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys, it's been a while.
    I have the GK5CN6Z and my keyboard has stopped working entirely multiple times (backlight, and the keys themselves all that). I factory reset yesterday and it worked perfectly fine, but now it doesn't work again.
    Anyone know what the issue is and how to solve this issue?

Thanks

6. TheTaxCollector

Reputations:
    I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard drivers

7. TheTaxCollector

Reputations:
    Also if this is important my backlight also doesn't work

8. Gramthug

Gramthug Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    yes i had this issue after like 6 months of using the laptop (first the rgb stopped, then all keys). because i had warranty i've send it back to the reseller. they changed the (40pin?) cable from the keyboard which is connected on the backside of the mainboard. i think the cable is somehow faulty.

9. TheTaxCollector

Reputations:
    The thing I factory reset my laptop yesterday and that fixed the issue. But earlier today it stopped working again. Now the backlight is back on and the keys work again, but the backlight stays blue (I can't change it) and I'm pretty sure if I restart my laptop it'll stop working again. I'm 90% sure this is a software thing but I'm not really an expert on this so I don't know who to fix it.

10. clone1008

clone1008 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This has been an issue with some people myself included. The problem is your your keyboard ribbon cable. For whatever reason it is going bad on some of these. I fixed mine by ordering a new cable. You have to remove the motherboard to get to the connector on the keyboard. Here is the one I used to fix it... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S1C68C3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is a post from another member on the specs for the ribbon cable. The only thing about his post is that you DO NOT have to remove the heatsink from the motherboard...

Phoboy604 likes this.