TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. shtooka

shtooka Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If you have warranty, try that first. My problem with flickers is solved and still away. I dont know why my method is not helps to you, maybe some chip is strongly damaged than my was. When you reach stable 20% brightness, dont raise it to 30% immediately, i played again from 0 to 10-20 few minutes and after i can up to 30% etc.

em0ney14 likes this.
  2. em0ney14

em0ney14 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    at the time of writing that, 20% would be okay for a few minutes, then would flicker really bad. I noticed if I had the fans on max I could keep the 20% longer, so seems the heat might have something to do with it, or just having the extra components pulling power at the same time? I don't know, seems really weird for whats going on.

I'm currently with 10% brightness no problems, able to watch youtube and do other activities, but its very hard to see anything.

Still trying your method, and trying it with being plugged in / battery. I'll update if I'm able to get past 10-20%, but right now its not looking possible.

3. OPDude

OPDude Newbie

Reputations:
    Yeah I had the same problem with it. I think the fastest way is just to contact the support and send in for warranty. They replaced my motherboard and everything is fine for me now.

em0ney14 likes this.
  4. em0ney14

em0ney14 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well today the problem with the flickering screen is gone, completely. I've been able to have brightness at 100% and played Destiny 2 for 4 hours now with no problems at all. I have rebooted a few times and the screen flicker is even gone while on battery power. I put in a warranty ticket with OP yesterday and now that the problem isn't here, I don't know how they could reproduce the issue to even diagnose it. If I have any more issues I'll report back here, but so far everything is back to normal today.

5. terrorific

terrorific Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey Guys. I am thinking of getting a gaming monitor for this laptop. Will it give me high refresh rate or would be the output be stuck at 60hz?

6. sthej

sthej Newbie

Reputations:
    I just started getting the flickering a couple days ago. This is so weird, it seems like this problem is just starting to appear on a lot of laptops. Nothing is working so far, but I haven't had enough time to try playing/upping the screen yet.

I'm glad I checked here though, because I didn't realize I could get a stable image at 0/10%.

7. Sonecko

Sonecko Newbie

Reputations:
    You can get high refresh rate if the monitor supports it and you're using the right cable.

8. RealBACONATOR2

RealBACONATOR2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey the flickering display issue returns! Maybe someone here can answer this. Is there someone who regularly plays graphics-heavy games with their laptop and hasn't had this issue? I'm wondering if it is a bad batch or all laptops of this model have this issue.

9. Gramthug

Gramthug Newbie

Reputations:
    i own the GK5CN6Z (GTX 1060) for almost 2 years and i have no flickering issue. and yes, i'm a gamer and playing various games around 2-3h each day (apex legends, gta online, anno 1800, the crew 2 and many many more)

10. onionring

onionring Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I own the 1060 version for 1.5 years (Nov 18 purchase) and haven't experienced this issue. I game 2-3 hours a day (Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, etc...).