TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Trevayne10

Trevayne10 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My problem was a wonky 3.5mm headphone jack on my OP-LP2 laptop. Looks like it's gonna be a PITA getting a daughter board from Eluktronics... so, here's what I did: I put a tiny little dab of LocTite crazy glue (cyanoacrylate) in the little "valley" near the tip of the 3.5mm plug on my Audio-Technica ATH-M50x phones, then quickly sprinkled some baking soda on it, then did the same thing on the long portion of the plug, around the other side. I let it dry for a couple hours. Fits into the plug nice & snug, no more wonky connection / no more headphone plug popping in and out of the jack. Signal is loud & clear. Been a few weeks now. End of problem.

- Trev

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    Mr. Fox likes this.
  2. Scott Michael

Scott Michael Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone. I just updated my Intel integrated grphaics drivers and my Nvidia Drivers and my battery consumption has tanked. At idle I used to draw 2-4W power and now I'm drawing 12-14W according to Throttle Stop. Can anyone help me?

System specs... GK5CP6Z (9750 + 1660 Ti) - Eluktronics Mech 15 G2rx

3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Hi and happy Sunday.

As it seems to coincide the driver change, that's where I would start undoing things. Try downgrading the Intel driver and set the system power plan to Balance or Power Saver.

The best rule to apply to drivers and firmware is to never update them unless there is a compelling reason to. Never do it just because a newer version was released. Sometimes certain games require newer GeForce drivers because they'll nag you the crap out of you or even refuse to run if you don't update the GeForce driver. But, everything else is better off left alone if your machine is working correctly. Newer drivers and firmware are frequently inferior rather than better.

mat89 and G46VW like this.
  4. mat89

mat89 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The version of Intel GPU drivers that works the best for me is 26.20.100.7528. Any other causes similar issues to yours. For some reason it doesn't enter deeper C-States and power draw remains high even on idle. Right now it's ok for me, except when I use external display or use dGPU in general. dGPU active means no deeper C states.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  5. clone1008

clone1008 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nope, I gave up on this piece of crap and bought a new laptop....why?

6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Why? Just curious. I'm guessing it was something simple. Thought maybe you had resolved it and could share what it was in case somebody else experiences the same thing later.

What did you replace it with?

7. clone1008

clone1008 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I gave up on it because I don't have the time to tear it down replace cables, replace a bad battery, etc. I'll get to some day. I replaced it with
    Lenovo Legion Y740 15" - Iron Grey
    Part No: 81UH0001US
    Configuration Details
    ● Processor: 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-9750H (2.60GHz, up to 4.50GHz with Turbo Boost, 6 Cores, 12MB Cache)
    ● Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64
    ● Display Type: 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) NVIDIA® G-SYNC, 144 Hz, Dolby Vision HDR™ 400, 500 nits
    ● Memory: 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
    ● Hard Drive: 1TB HDD 7200 RPM
    ● Warranty: 1 Year Depot or Carry-in
    ● Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 2070 with Max-Q 8 GB
    ● Second Hard Drive: 256GB SSD PCIe
    ● Camera: 720p HD
    ● Keyboard: RGB Backlit - US English
    ● Wireless: Killer Wireless 802.11 AC (2 x 2) + Bluetooth® 5.0

Mr. Fox likes this.
  8. eyek

eyek Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey guys just curious what sorts of temperatures you get on your Tongfang gk5cp0z with the i7-8750h?

Currently in games such as kingdom come deliverance I get like... 85-88degrees. With an undervolt of 120 on core and cache.

Seems high? I have applied liquid metal two times to see if I had done it wrong the first time... Still rather high temps? I even lowered boost clock to only achieve 3.4ghz instead of 3.9.

Any ideas or is this normal?

9. Scott Michael

Scott Michael Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reply, unfortunately Intel does not have that version of the driver available for download anymore. I guess I'll just try an older version of the driver or accept my battery life will be less than 2 hours from now on......

10. Scott Michael

Scott Michael Newbie

Reputations:
    Just wanted to update everyone. I used DDU to wipe out my current install on NVIDIA/Intel and then installed the most current Nvidia driver and Intel's 26.20.100.7642 for UHD Graphics 630. Everything is back to normal now.... system idle is now 3-4W.